30 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been a panic anxiety person since I was 15 and am now 30. When my last med which was lexapro gave out dr put me on cymbalta 30 mgs.  Been on since December. I definitely think it has its moments. I’m good a lot but then I have bad times a lot too. I have lost close to 15 lbs which is a good thing but not the way I wanted to.  I recently started doing cardio again which seems to help a bit but something just isn’t right.  I feel like I snap on everyone more than the norm and very very vivid dreams.  I seem to sweat a lot too. I had never been on an SSNRI before   Just SSRIs   My Dr wanted me to try Effexor but I’m so scared to get in a really bad place again if it doesn’t work so I never switched.   I have 2 kids and husband go to school and work very part time. I’m so scared my panic will get really bad.  I know I need to change but I’m so nervous. Any input is great. I feel very alone and I hate it. TIA

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather

It could be that you'd be better on a higher dose. Have you discussed this with your Dr? 30mg is a fairly low dose.

Hot flushes and sweating are common side effects with this med. I struggle with this too although it hasn't increased with higher doses.

• Posted

Hi It sounds as though this drug is not suiting you. Cymbalta Hurts Worse is a forum especially for people on Cymbalta/duloxetine.

Take care.

• Posted

i was on cymbalta but have recently switched to venlafaxine generic (effexor),  there is a good chance you will have less side effects on venlafaxine.  i would follow your doctors advice on this one.  venlafaxine will be at least as effective as cymbalta, or more so.  no need for worry.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply!  How have you done on the Effexor?  I’m so nervous 
    • Posted

hello heather sorry for the delay replying i dont visit very often here now

personally i am preferring taking venlafaxine instead of duloxetine, as i feel like venlafaxine has been better for my anxiety overall.

i am taking 150mg of venlafaxine each night, however for starting out you should start on the normal 75mg dose, for at least a couple of weeks to a month, and then you can decide after that if you feel like increasing would be beneficial to you.

there's a good chance you will find that you will sweat less on venlafaxine, and also your dreams may not be as vivid (i have found this myself after switching to venlafaxine)

by the way dont worry its perfectly normal to be nervous about meds, starting them and stopping them etc.  once you get started though and when you start to feel better, you will wish you did it sooner.  you'll be fine, 75mg is not a high dose and i recommend you go for that to start out

• Posted

Thank you for the reply!  I’m nervous but think I will start the other soon.  Hoping it does better for m anxiety wise. 
  • Posted

Can duloxetine be good for chronic pain?
    • Posted

I get a lot of physical symptoms with depression - joint pain, backache, headaches etc. My psychiatrist suggested duloxetine as it is supposed to be good for physical as well as mental wellness. It's certainly helped with mine smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.