30 mg mirtazapine to 45 mg mirtazapine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I have been taking 30 mg mirtazapine since March. Today my doctor prescribed me 45 mg. I take it for panic disorder and general anxiety plus depression. I have a fear of vomitting. If I feel sick I start to have a panic attack. So right now I feel sick and I know it’s from my anxiety. I am really scared to up my dose to 45 mg because I know it can cause nausea. Has anyone had bad nausea when upping to 45mg? I know we are all different but I like to know the fact other people haven’t felt sick while upping mirtazapine. I’m not scared of any other side effects except the nausea part. Please help and calm me down. I am suppose to take it tonight and I am scared. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi  since taking mirtazapine for the past 2 years   ive put on over 2 stone in weight for this i really want of this medication,  But i can honestly say that when i went from 30mg to 45mg i didnt feel sick at all X
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I am going to start taking it tonight! I chickened our lastnight.
  • Posted

Ive not had any nausea at all going from 30 too 45mg xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much. It’s a relief to see it doesn’t always have to cause nausea!
  • Posted

hi, I also went to 45 from 30. Didnt have any nausea at all. Im coming off it now though due to weight gain and little overall benefit x
    • Posted

Thank you!! I’m trying it tonight. It was a relief seeing all your guys replies. My therapist picked this medicine because it helps me with my panic attacks and helps nausea plus I wanted to gain weight. I have gained weight from it. 
  • Posted

Hi Avverie , i was on 30mg Mirtazapine for some 5yrs i then went on to 60mg and had no ill effects from this increase. I stayed on 60mg for 2yrs then 5mths ago i reduced back to 30mg. I can only tell you that i didn't have any effects when i had the increase so im hoping that u'll be fine with your increase. Best wishes an take care Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

Hi there, I’m an emet too!

I’ve been on mirtazapine for a little over a year and never noticed an increase in nausea when I adjusted my dosage. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.