30 year old pilonidal cyst scar

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had a pilonidal cyst removed over 30 years ago. I never had any issues again with it. Recently I had dermititis rash in between my buttocks due to irritation. It seemed like the old scar was also bleeding a little. I put neosporin on it and it looked like it was fine. I also had the dermotologist look at it as well and she said it looked fine. A week later after the dermititis cleared up the scar is now bleeding again. I know my skin is really dry and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to if this is dryness, irritation or the beginnings of a cyst starting again. I don't have any other symptoms except some minor dots of blood when I wipe.

Can a scar that old get irritated?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hard to say without seeing it, have you been able to use a mirror or camera? In any event pilonidals can reoccur. I have had the procedure twice with a 5 year gap. I have learned to go the the colorectal surgeon as soon as I even suspect a problem because dealing with it sooner is always better

• Posted

Thanks for the message Jane! I actually send you a private message. yes I was able to view it with a photo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.