Skip to content

Pilonidal Sinus

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • briannacl 1

Pilonidal Cyst

I had this pain on the tail of my spine several months ago and i am a student, so im sitting a lot for several hours. after about a month it started draining on its own and i would have to change my pants and underwear almost three times a day. after a while it would stop then start up again. Here

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • charlotte65187 1

I've started having complications after surgery.

I started having problems with pilonidal abcess's in around March last year, throughout the year I was having operations every 8 weeks (as soon as the previous one healed it would come back) as we got to December time it was around every 2/4 weeks I was requiring an incision and drainage. After

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gh1217 1

Pilonidal cyst above anus?, not sure. Very worried please help

Hi,  I'm a 20 y/o male.  I'm honestly freaking out, please read and help  about two months ago I went to nearby city for a 12 hour party where I consumed mdma.  Towards the end of it I left and got on the train. The drugs made me super paranoid that there had been discharge  from my anus as I

• jeff96528 1

Surgery coming

ive had my cyst for 14 years. I was originally told it would eventually go away by my late 30s. I'm now 40 and I am totally fed up. I have surgery in 4 days. I am totally confused how there is so much difference between healing times and pain management. Every doctor and website is different. I

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Mugrad1991 1
  • bethany71909 1

Pilonidal sinus problems

I had a abscess removed May 2015, a really deep one. I was given an open wound surgery and left for it to heal. That failed and i was left 9 months with a huge hole in my back. I had to have another surgery, Feb 2016, which involved stitches to remove the sinus all together apparently solving the

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • denholm08765 1

Recurring pilonidol cyst

Had one last year and had to have surgery under anaesthetic, woke up today with a sore lower back and a new yellow looking sore and itchy bump. Not too sore I can still sit just niggling, do you think it's come back or just having a flare up? Cannot get into my doctors for a change

• ikym38502 1

Recently discovered pilonidal abscess

I recently discovered I have a pilonidal abscess and I went to an urgent care and saw a nurse practioner. She said it's a good thing we caught it in it's early stage and she put me on antibiotics. It started paining me for three days and then I went to see her. I'm worried though from my research

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Matty7 2

Will the Pilonidal Cyst go away?

So the doctor told me that there is small hole there near the top of my buttocks, and he said it wasn't infected and that the wound may or may not close? It still bleeds from time to time and itches, is there anything I can do to help the wound close itself?

• bobtails2 2

Pilonidal sinus

I started on Thursday with a sharp pain in my right buttock, by Friday  it started to get worse, by the evening it was excruciating so my hubby rang 111 in the meantime I had to go to bathroom and it started to bleed it had burst the doctor booked me an out of hours appointment so I went late

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • rachel56647 1

Hello. I have 18 year old twin both wirh sinuses

Both my sons are waiting to have surgery the have been suffering on and off for about 2 years now with the sinus always bleeding and leaking. Just wanted any advice how to best deal with wounds when they come home. Also best advice for cleaning area Thanks

• Matty7 2

Is this a pilonidal sinus

For about 3 months now I have noticed bleeding near the top of my buttocks, and it just won't go away. It bleeds whenever I poke around the area, also there is a slight discomfort when I'm sitting around that region, however I've never seen any pus, only blood?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Has anyone else had a fistula?

Hi im a 29yr old female and i had a sore bum and could feel a lump on my bum, when i pressed on this lump pus oozed out of my anus. lovely i know! the doc prescribed me antibiotics which seemed to calm things down a bit. Three weeks later i had a hard day at work and the lump had swelled and was

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • neha9in 1

After 7months of pilonydial sinus

Hi my sister got her pilonydial sinus surgery done in august 2016. She says the pain really never got better even after surgery. She has done her MRI of that area and of the spine as well and all is clear. She has even taken physiotherapy for the SI joint area and area around the butt area but says

• abbas76384 2

dept went from 0.5cm to 7cm

i had surgery in november my doctor clean it up and left it open, there were two wound one on my lower back and one on my butt cleft, i had a home nurse come in every day to pack both of my wounds, by January my wound on my lower back healed from inside and wound closed, but my bottom wound which

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Dbeach 1

So many issues...

I had my cyst removed in July of 2015. I am still experiencing incredible pain and discomfort, and after bouncing from surgeon to pain management to PCP to rheumatologist, finally figured out that I have arthritis in my tailbone, and fibromyalgia, and the scar tissue is consistently pressing

• shiniah22 2

Pilonidal cyst surgery tomorrow

Well I'm a 23 year old femal and have been having issues since I was 18. I had to have it lanced two years ago and I would have a flare up around every three months. And let's just say it's PAINFUL stuff! I am currently worried about having children since this is an ongoing infection, so I finally

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dave2702 2

Waiting for Operation

Hi all,       I've been diagnosed with a pilonidal sinus and have a date 14th March for surgery.    Doctor has taken me off antibiotics, but still blood and pus appear daily.    Very painful, especially at night.    Is it advisable to use painkillers?   Would a doughnut cushion help?  Any advice

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Hannah2468 1

Nearly a year since surgery

Just wondering if anybody could help me? I had pilonidal sinus last July and it was left with the open hole to heal inside out. It healed fine in about 3 months and hasn't bothered me since. But in the last few weeks I've noticed that my left bum cheek keeps going really numb and starts to tingle

• ron1228 1

Drainage 6 weeks after

I had what I thought was a pretty minor pilonidal cyst (absolutely no pain in the months leading up to surgery) removed about 6 weeks ago and had the incision closed with stitches. There was slow consistent drainage until all my stitches were removed about 2 weeks ago, then the drainage stopped for

• groovynana 2

I'm horrified at pilonidal cyst

I've only recently discovered my youngest son has a pilonidal cyst. I had three brothers and 3 sons and did not know anything about this. My son has mild/moderate autism and quite a high pain threshold and he wasn't aware about it. I believe he must have had it a few weeks before I discovered

27 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tathagat92680 1
  • talkshowhostess 1

Pre-emptive Pilonidal surgery worth it?

Hi all, I had three flare-ups within a year of a pilonidal cyst, but each time it came and went within a few days, and disappated on it's own.  I haven't had an issue now in a year, but while having a check-up at the GP, I asked for her to check what it might have been and as my brother had the

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • abbas76384 2

2nd surgery failed

hi guys, i am dealing with pilonidal cyst for about 1 year now, in may i had a closed wound surgery from my tailbone all the way above my anus there were stitches, after 2 weeks when stitches were taken off i had  a small spot above my anus that was not closed, my doctor said it will closed by itself,...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sara44029 1
  • saikiran66657 2
  • shivrajacharya 2

pilonidal sinus close surgery

I had my pilonidal surgery on 28/12/2016. I was hospitalized for 5 days. Today on seventh day, GR reviewed my wound (stitched) and confirm it is healing properly with no sign of infection. I do not have pain and I can walk slowly with no issue but still uncomfortable to sit. Doctor advised to

• caroline17200 1

Pilonidal Cyst Surgery

I found out I had a pilonidal cyst right before thanksgiving. My parents and doctor decided it was best to wait until the Christmas holiday to perform surgery. I am supposed to take midterms the 3rd week of January which is sitting on my bottom for 4 hours a day. Would anyone be able to tell me

• zara54502 1

Polonidal sinus open wound after care

Hi I had removal of infected area yesterday and was left as an open wound and I did not get told much about aftercare. I wonder if anyone could me some info. The pain is quite bearable at the moment which is surprising after all I have read on this I have been told to get packing and dressings

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Emily star 1

pilonidal sinus Pain relief?

I had a 3inch by 3 inch pilonidal cyst removed two days ago. I have to have it packed and dressed everyday, today was without anaesthetic. I'm a 27 year old female so it's embarrassing for a start but I'm really struggling with the pain. Today was unbearable as is going to the toilet 😳😞 I've been

• abbas76384 2

Open wound healing

i had pilonidal cyst surgery in may, doctor did a closed wound wound, everything was fine till 2 weeks ago when a small part on my incision open up and was draining fluid, went to my surgeon he said he have to do another surgery to close it, this time he open up about 1 inch wide hole and left it open,...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • meg1995 2

Reoccurring pilonidal sinus

I had an insicion and drainage on this horrible thing In august and after 2 months of having it packed everyday I was finally back to normality. 2 days ago I noticed it had started to flare up again and I'm in so much pain. It was horrible the first time and completely messed up my mental state.

• Guest M

My son had an operation in March 2003 for the removal of...

My son had an operation in March 2003 for the removal of a pilonidal sinus. He had daily dressings which were done by the district nurses. The wound got infected and on May 30 2003 he had a second operation and I have been packing the cavity every day since. He still suffers severe pain both

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

My first Pilonidal Sinus - Am I receiving correct treatment

I am 36 and have just been diagnosed with a pilonidal sinus. My brother had to have major surgery for the same problem several years ago. Where his GP had not referred him, he ended up having a massive area removed due to excessive scar tissue as as result of repeatd infections. Indeed the

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • akhil3639 1

pilonidal sinus

I had undergone pilonidal sinus on 4th nov 2016.  surgeon has cut a wide area and left so that it should heal inside out. pls help me with precautions to take care of ex: food, medicine, how to clean etc..,  

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions