Skip to content

Pilonidal Sinus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • please help.

hi. i am a 23 year old female who has suffered with pilonidal sinuses for approx 6 years, i have had 5 surgeries to drain them, 1 surgery to remove the sinus all together but they keep reoccurring. i recently had one landed via local anaesthetic, this healed via packing but then tracked and burst …

Last reply
  • Blood After Bowel Movement - 6 Months Post Surgery

20 Year Old Male Had the Pilonidal Cyst Removed in Late January. Healing went fine, went for followups up until May and he said "you should be good now". It was left open so healing took a while. Took three showers daily as instructed and antibiotics for like 2-3 weeks.  I would …

Posted
  • My butt crack hurts a lot. There’s kind of a bump? Help

I’m a 14 year old girl and recently my Butt crack got itchy and I thought nothing of it. A few days ago I woke up and my butt crack hurted and itched a lot, that night I put some ice on it..? Then I woke up with even more pain. I can barely sit down, and it hurts to walk, it’s hurts a lot to do …

Last reply
  • Pilonidal Sinus - HELP!

Hi, I had a Pilonidal sinus back 13 years ago and had 6 operations as it wouldn’t heal. The last op they did meant you could put your whole hand in it. It took 3 years or so  to heal and gave me hell! Now 10 days ago I had another op for a Pilonidal sinus and the surgeon didn’t really …

Last reply
  • Pilonidial cyst healing after incision and drainage question

Hi. So I had my pilonidial cyst drained on the 13th of June, and the wound has been healing quite nicely ever since, it's pretty much closed all the way. I have no pain, no fever, nothing of the sort, but I am worried about one thing. As I was changing the gauze the other day I touched the …

Last reply
  • First pilondial sinus surgery

After weeks of doctors visits and trips to A&E with severe back/tailbone pain I was diagnosed with a pilondial abscess and sent for incision and drainage surgery which took place on 13/1/18. Now, a month and a half on my wound has had no change and remains around 5cm deep. I have been given two …

Last reply
  • Wound packing agony

Hi all, I had surgery to remove an anal abscess last Wednesday. Now i have to have the open wound packed with a wick every day. I simply cannot handle the pain of having the wick removed and a new one put in. I have to get another today and am unable to face it. The doctor prescribed me oxynorm for …

Last reply
  • Is it curable without surgery?

I'm 21 years old. Obese type 1. 7 months ago I had a severe pain in between my buttocks on the top. I knew it was pus pimple. So I let it for few days and later it popped. There was lot of blood and pus. My mom drained it all. Since then it's been open. It doesn't hurt or leak unless I …

Last reply
  • How big will my wide excision be?

Hi,  I just have a question about my up coming surgery and to be honest I have gotten mixed answers from my GP and a member of my surgical team. Basically I am going for the wide excision surgery in 6-8week due to my chronic PS issue. The surgeon said that this type of operation was the only …

Last reply
  • Piondial Abcess Surgery

A few months ago i had surgery for a piondial abcess. Id had 3 abcess’s previous but had managed to drain them at home, never seen a doctor for them as they wernt as severe. This one was horrendous. No sleep, constant hot sweats, crying with the pain. Went to the doctor and they rushed me to …

Last reply
  • Closed incision surgery

I posted about my surgeries earlier this week and i had an appointment with a consulatant who now wants to do a closed incision surgery. I am wondering if anyone has an office based job who has had this done, and roughly how quick they went back to work? The thought of sitting for 8 hours at my …

Posted
  • Pilonidal sinus recovery question

Hi, all I just have a question for you guys about life after surgery. I had a large pilonidal cyst about 7 years ago the doctors said it was quite large I was put under 4 times and kept in the hospital for 2 weeks as I received treatment. The doctor said it was congenital and ended closing the area …

Last reply
  • Exercise after primary closure

Hi, I had my second excision with primary closure surgery a week and a half ago. I also had a drain this time too. Although I am healing fine, and the surgeon thinks it’s a success I am worried that if when I return to exercise about squats. I just wondered if anyone can tell me how long they …

Posted
  • Pain by no sign of infection

Hi, just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me? I have had a pilonidal sinus op about 8 years ago and been fine since. However for about 6 months now been having severe pain in that area when sitting or even laying but there is no sign of infection. I did have a flare up a but double …

Posted
  • rhomboid flap procedure for pilonidal sinus

Hello,is there anyone on this forum who has had the rhomboid flap procedure to remove a pilonidal sinus?I've been told by my surgeon that this is the final solution to cure my sinus as i've already had the wound excised but unfortunately this has not worked for me..If anyone out there has …

Last reply
  • Does Pilonidal cyst surgery even work???

I’ve got what I’m almost 100% sure is a pilonidal cyst. It’s about the size of a pea on the tailbone and has been non stop draining for about 2 months. It hasnt burst or let go of any hair. Unfortunately however I didn’t get to voice those suspicions about it being a pilonidal cyst to my doctor …

Last reply
  • My Pilonidal Sinus Story (so far at 14 weeks)

We all seem to be suffering the same, the operation seems to make us worse not better. Here's my story. 24th November (2 days after my 21st birthday - talk about sods law) Down for op at 11:45 out 1:15 Out of hospital by 2:30 5 days Co-amoxiclav 5 days Metronidazole 5 days Anti clot syringe …

Last reply
  • Pilnodial breakdown

2 months, 1 broken down wound and it continues. On my second round of anti biotics as it's infected, it keeps breaking down and it won't stop. My gp, my nurse are useless and don't listen to me. I know something was wrong the first infection, and it's happened again. No one listens, …

Last reply
  • Here is the treatment that worked for me

hi guys.. I was suffering from pilonidal sinus a year ago and I did tried everything but nothing happened. My condition was very severe. I did an xray. and the hole was around 3cm deep. I consulted life force homeopathy in mumbai. I met dr. shah and started my treatment. I didnt have any hope but …

Posted
  • Two months and pilonidal wound stopped healing

I had emergency pilonidal cyst removal surgery on jan 16th, surgeon opted to leave the wound open. My wound appeared to be in good health, slight over granulation completely healed over until two weeks ago. The wound split and leaked continuously, initially half cm cavity it's now 2cm! During …

Last reply
  • I think I have a Pilonidal Cyst

Hello, I'm a 14 year old male, and I have what I think is a Pilonidal Cyst, but how can I be sure? Yesterday, (December 31st), I felt some bruise-like pain at my tailbone. I felt around, and found a small lump at the top of my "Bumcrack" (For lack of a better word). It seems to be on …

Last reply
  • Start to finish.....

Hello everyone,  just a quick one as I don’t see many people have had many good experiences with the pilonidal sinus, I had a first surgery in March 2014 it was a tiny incision, it over granulated became infected and then Needed another operation June 2014- again started to heal then got over …

Posted
  • Facing 9th pilidonal cyst disease surgery.

My son is 21 yrs old and has had 8 surgeries since June 2012. He was also diagnosed with osteomyelitis. 1st surgeon operated 6 times, 2nd surgeon 2 times. Two different wound centers. Drs operate leave open with wound can, treated on the 7th one with IV antibiotics and hyperbaric chamber. Yet …

Last reply
  • Scared about pilondial cyst!

Hi, I am I 16 year old girl. Last year I noticed a bump but thought it was due to a skateboarding accident the previous day. Didn't say anything about it until it got really bad after many months. Went to the doc a few months ago and they are scheduling me for surgery. I am scared about …

Last reply
  • Pilonidal Sinus - Endoscopic Treatment

Hi, I had a pilonidal sinus surgery on the 16th October 2017, it was done via endoscopy.  So I am continuously going to the nurse to have my dressing changed. I am still unable to sit on the wound. I just wanted to know how long this would take to heal? My surgeon said it would take some …

Last reply
  • What's the worst that can happen?

I was first diagnosed with a Pilonidal Sinus in late 2001 and underwent a closed wound operation in early 2002. As a normal-sized 16 year old girl it was understandably traumatic to be told you had a condition that mainly affected overweight, hairy men. My doctors seemed completely unsympathetic to …

Last reply
  • Pilonidal Cyst

Hey My Name Is Tat I'm 23 I've been getting  these cyst on my butt since 15 years old I've had I don't know how many lanced in The ER which is numbing a quick cut and left open to heal from the inside out. Crazy thing is they always come in the same spot. Last year I had 2 …

Last reply
  • 8th pilonidal abcess

Hello. I currently and dealing with my 8th abcess from my pilonidal cyst. I have had 7 of the 8 surgically lacerated ans drained. One cured eith antibiotivs. I just had a huge one removed less then 2 months ago and now its back already. Normally i get one a year. Ive done eveeything im supposed to …

Posted
  • Need any advice on Pilonidal sinus

Just discovered I most likely have Pilonidal sinus. I don’t have the cyst, just 2 dark spots in my upper crack (sorry, there is no nice way to talk about this!) for a while I figured it was a freckle I never noticed. I don’t really spread my cheeks in the mirror that often.... Then one day I …

Last reply
  • Pilonidal Sinus recovery

Hi everyone I had surgery to remove an ingrown hair and drain an abscess 3 months ago and my wound was healing great but then I got an infection which I have taken antibiotics for but now the wound won’t heal and has actually gotten bigger the nurse says I may need to be referred back to the …

Posted
  • Pilonidal abscess surgery

So I'm 26 years old and for the past 5 years I've suffered with what I was aware was called a pilonidal sinus, all I can say is I wish I had done something a lot sooner than what I did. I had this open sinus that was everyday leaking out puss and blood which I was (somehow) coping with but …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.