Skip to content
Ad

Pilonidal Sinus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Wound packing agony

Hi all, I had surgery to remove an anal abscess last Wednesday. Now i have to have the open wound packed with a wick every day. I simply cannot handle the pain of having the wick removed and a new one put in. I have to get another today and am unable to face it. The doctor prescribed me oxynorm for the...

Last reply
  • What's the worst that can happen?

I was first diagnosed with a Pilonidal Sinus in late 2001 and underwent a closed wound operation in early 2002. As a normal-sized 16 year old girl it was understandably traumatic to be told you had a condition that mainly affected overweight, hairy men. My doctors seemed completely unsympathetic to the...

Last reply
  • Pilonidal Cyst

Hey My Name Is Tat I'm 23 I've been getting  these cyst on my butt since 15 years old I've had I don't know how many lanced in The ER which is numbing a quick cut and left open to heal from the inside out. Crazy thing is they always come in the same spot. Last year I had 2 surgeries...

Last reply
  • 8th pilonidal abcess

Hello. I currently and dealing with my 8th abcess from my pilonidal cyst. I have had 7 of the 8 surgically lacerated ans drained. One cured eith antibiotivs. I just had a huge one removed less then 2 months ago and now its back already. Normally i get one a year. Ive done eveeything im supposed to do...

Posted
  • Need any advice on Pilonidal sinus

Just discovered I most likely have Pilonidal sinus. I don’t have the cyst, just 2 dark spots in my upper crack (sorry, there is no nice way to talk about this!) for a while I figured it was a freckle I never noticed. I don’t really spread my cheeks in the mirror that often.... Then one day I noticed...

Last reply
  • Pilonidal Sinus recovery

Hi everyone I had surgery to remove an ingrown hair and drain an abscess 3 months ago and my wound was healing great but then I got an infection which I have taken antibiotics for but now the wound won’t heal and has actually gotten bigger the nurse says I may need to be referred back to the hospital...

Posted
  • Is it curable without surgery?

I'm 21 years old. Obese type 1. 7 months ago I had a severe pain in between my buttocks on the top. I knew it was pus pimple. So I let it for few days and later it popped. There was lot of blood and pus. My mom drained it all. Since then it's been open. It doesn't hurt or leak unless I push...

Last reply
  • Pilonidal abscess surgery

So I'm 26 years old and for the past 5 years I've suffered with what I was aware was called a pilonidal sinus, all I can say is I wish I had done something a lot sooner than what I did. I had this open sinus that was everyday leaking out puss and blood which I was (somehow) coping with but whilst...

Last reply
  • I've Healed! My experiances and advice to share

I had an open wound Operation 1 year ago. I am now fully healed and relieved. I wanted to share my opinions from my experience over the last long year: the wound was about 3cmx2.5cm deep. It took around 9 months to heal as when it did heal, it kept splitting. It was depressing as it took so long, I was...

Last reply
  • Pilonidal sinus recovery question

Hi, all I just have a question for you guys about life after surgery. I had a large pilonidal cyst about 7 years ago the doctors said it was quite large I was put under 4 times and kept in the hospital for 2 weeks as I received treatment. The doctor said it was congenital and ended closing the area rather...

Last reply
  • Recently discovered pilonidal abscess

I recently discovered I have a pilonidal abscess and I went to an urgent care and saw a nurse practioner. She said it's a good thing we caught it in it's early stage and she put me on antibiotics. It started paining me for three days and then I went to see her. I'm worried though from my...

Last reply
  • post surgery recovery pilonidal cyst

Hi All JUST A WEEK BACK I HAD MY PILONIDAL CYST SURGERY DONE the same happened to me 3 years back and the surgeon drained out the gauze and kept it open, the wound healed naturally by its own, though i was put under the antibotics , regular cleaning and checkups 2 week back i felt the same pain , redness,...

Last reply
  • How big will my wide excision be?

Hi,  I just have a question about my up coming surgery and to be honest I have gotten mixed answers from my GP and a member of my surgical team. Basically I am going for the wide excision surgery in 6-8week due to my chronic PS issue. The surgeon said that this type of operation was the only option...

Last reply
  • My pilondial nightmare.. so far..

Hi all,  I posted below also, worrying about my stitches coming open. Who was I to know it would be much worse? 🙄 Side note: for anyone wondering I am 22.  I had my appointment to get my stitches it on 14th August, but none of the nurses at my GP could get them out. They sent me...

Last reply
  • Open Wound Method not working? Tingling pain?

So over a year ago, I had my pilonidal cystectomy. The initial wound was 9cm long, 3cm wide and 6cm deep. Normally most people get stitched up at this point but risk the wound not healing right so my doctor wanted to use the open wound method where they pack the wound with gauze and let it heal from...

Last reply
  • Surgery?

I'm 22 years old and have been convinced I had a lump at the bottom of my back for years (I exercise a lot and it aches incredibly when I do sit-ups) anyway, it was a Pilodial Sinus. I have a small hole above my bum (sometimes looks small, sometimes looks bigger if this is possible?) I have enquiried...

Last reply
  • My reoccurring pilonidal sinus story

My story began in 2014 at the age of 18. I was working full time and I bent over at work to put away bottles of water and felt pain. At first I felt like I just bruised the area, but then I felt a lump which was very painful to touch. After finishing my shift my dad picked me up and when getting in the...

Last reply
  • Post Op - wound opened

Hi all, Just looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience with their stitches... I have my pilonidal sinus removed last week 24 July, and they stitched it up. I was in severe pain at the weekend and went to my local minor injuries where they said the bottom stitch has come out and now the...

Last reply
  • pilonidal sinus

Okay so this is the first time I have ever done this so I'm not sure what to expect Last week I had an operation to drain my pilonidal sinus. This was left opened and I need to go to my local doctors every day to get it changed and re packed again. This is my second week and I feel so much better....

Last reply
  • Conflicting Diagnosises

Tuesday evening, I started having unexplained tailbone pain. I iced it, slept, and figured I'd feel better in the morning. Wednesday, I felt worse so went to a walk-in clinic where the doctor told me it was a very early stage pilonidal cyst and that I needed antibiotics. Due to a history of c.diff,...

Last reply
  • rhomboid flap procedure for pilonidal sinus

Hello,is there anyone on this forum who has had the rhomboid flap procedure to remove a pilonidal sinus?I've been told by my surgeon that this is the final solution to cure my sinus as i've already had the wound excised but unfortunately this has not worked for me..If anyone out there has had...

Last reply
  • Could it be Pilonidal Sinus?

Hey all.  So so a bit of back story first, I had a boil come up about 2 months ago which I got checked out within the week by a nurse since it hurt and didn't seem to be getting better, the nurse said it was an inflamed pimple and gave me antibiotics to treat it and pain killers. It ended up...

Posted
  • Surgery coming

ive had my cyst for 14 years. I was originally told it would eventually go away by my late 30s. I'm now 40 and I am totally fed up. I have surgery in 4 days. I am totally confused how there is so much difference between healing times and pain management. Every doctor and website is different. I realize...

Last reply
  • blood clot

i just had pilondial cyst surgery a week ago. been changing my dressing every morning.my husband pulled out a blood clot yesterday morning.i am still in extreme pain get nauseous easy and light headed.i just want this misery gone and back to work any suggestions

Last reply
  • Days before knowing If I need surgery or not

In a few days my Doctor will let me know if I need surgery or not. To be honest I wish I wasn't, but I have a feeling that I may need it. I am not bleeding anymore, but when I sit it hurts after be seated a few hours, and I kind of notice a bump (circle) which I do not know if it is pus but...

Posted
  • Is the Fistula supposed to be removed during the operation?

Hi Guys, I had a Pilonidal Sinus removed at the Beginning of Feb this year. I've been trying to figure out if the surgeons are supposed to remove the Fistula during the operation because my surgeons hadn't and it has caused an Immediate recurrance. Unfortunately I'm not sure which technique...

Posted
  • Recidivism

Hello, Here is a summary of my story with this damn cyst and my questions: I was operated in 2009, the surgeon had sutured the wound at the time (which generates a great risk of recurrence) The first two years were carefree. In 2012, I started experiencing atrocious pain especially in a prolonged...

Posted
  • Possible pilonidal cyst?

Hi, everyone. I'm a fifteen year old girl, and I believe I have a pilonidal cyst on my tailbone. I started having pain in the area a few days ago, so I checked it out, and discovered a small circular area that was bleeding. Ever since then, a lot of pus came out, and now it's back to bleeding....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.