Pilonidal sinus 10+ years ,Serious Pain and other stuff mention within

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ,i hope everyone is doing alright in these times

I have had pilonidal sinus for 10+ years now, at first i ignored it and then when it become troublesome i got a check up but had extreme financial problems back then to get a surgery done

Then i developed Schizophrenia ,Depression and OCD which lasted for a few years and due to them i was lost in my own world and neglected the pilonidal sinus

And now that i am mentally better yet my problem still persist ,recently i visited a surgeon and he said that the pilonidal had burst on its own and no need for surgery or any treatment ,he gave an ointment and said i was good to go which i doubt now because he was more interested in talking about the beatles than checking on me 😄

Nonetheless now i wake up fine but after a while i start feeling very fatigued ,there is pain in my legs as soon as the fatigue kicks in ,I'm so tired all i wanna do is sleep ,my back hurts near the tail bone, even travel is very tiresome and hurtful causing leg pain and fatigue to the max and most importantly there is no visible bump or cyst or sinus on the back ,its gone but puss still oozes out time to time from the skin i suppose

Please don't get me wrong ,i am not neglecting my health ,i want to get better but due to the pandemic and other reasons again we are in bad financial state and surgery for now is not an option for me financially as much as i wish and government health care here is not the best

All i wish is advice from you good people like what or how bad or any idea on my situation from what i can describe, for example what kind of damage could have been done on me due to this untreated underlying problem for so many years in regards to the symptoms just described above ,I am 29 years old and i do workout at home to keep myself fit and surround myself with rescued pets and keep myself mentally engaged with music and video games

Any help or advise would be much appreciated please

Thanks !

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.