Pilonidal sinus post operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, I am 21 years old and have had problems with holes in my behind bleeding or itching me once every while during childhood until I recently got more pain and pus and blood and that drove me insane and made me cry for several nights.

the doctor said i would have to go a surgery and it was my first time ever being in a hospital so i was quite freaking out. I was put to sleep and was not really in much pain when I woke up . I stayed one night in the hospital where nurses gave me some pain soothers. I thought everything was going to be fine until that happened.

I was told that a person would come home do the necessary cleaning as it is really crucial in the healing process since it is an open wound. they told me it will hurt a little and decrease each time.

Fires day after operation was fine until around afternoon when I got stomach pain and burns because of the soothing medecine so the doctor cancelled it and told me just to take the usual pain killers.

with each day ,pain increases ,I can not walk or change sides on bed or sit . everytime i move i feel hellish pain and when resting on my side or belly I feel burns in my behind. My pain keeps increasing from day to day and the cleaning is torture and nightmare . I am feeling SO MUCH PAIN . more then i could possibly handle .

I am on day 5 after operation and I am feeling worse and worse then the day before. I cannot even sleep or rest easy as I keep thinking about the torture I will be administrated everyday (the cleaning) for at least 2 months! also being laying down all the time ,my legs hurt and cannot hold me anymore .

what can I do ? I feel desperate and I keep crying of pain.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You really need to call the doctor and raise it with the nurse when they come and see you. They have a duty of care to fill a form.each time and you need to be honest on your pain. Pain should not increase it should ease. I had this pain also but not so quick, I suffered for perhaps 2weeks as there were old dressings left inside my wound and an infection brewing. This reply is not to scare you, but if you know something is not right, trust you instinct, you have a right. I was ignored until I was readmitted into hospital as an emergency.

Please update. Hope all is well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.