Feeling rubbish after burst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone good evening I am from the UK.

I have a disability consequently making me electric wheelchair bound. I am new to this forum.

I recently had extreme pain in my tailbone for approximately two weeks and then I discovered during transition onto the bed from my wheelchair that my pain had burst and it was a very bad cyst diagnosed after four days as a pilonidal by my doctors.

I have been on a course of Ethryomicin for 11 days... my cyst Took a lot of time to get the rubbish out of it about a week. For over 10 days there was a clear substance liquid. This has now stopped and the cyst is healing very rapid and the hole has now pretty much completely disappeared.

Unfortunately however I am still feeling like absolute c r ap. I have no pain there is no redness or swelling around the cyst I'm just feeling very low aching and have a very very slight temperature. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I still have two days to go on my antibiotics. Contemplating on whether to phone the doctor tomorrow. Be great to hear back some views. Mike

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi my cyst has gotten a lot better but Im still exhausted from it all. My other cheek is sore for some reason. I think the medicine is a factor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.