Pain by no sign of infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me? I have had a pilonidal sinus op about 8 years ago and been fine since. However for about 6 months now been having severe pain in that area when sitting or even laying but there is no sign of infection. I did have a flare up a but double dose of antibiotics got rid of that. Has anyone else had pain but no infection? The doctor says that it would only hurt if there were visible signs. That doesnt help as I am in pain for no apparent reason. Would be grateful for any feedback from anyone else that may have experienced similar pain.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I m also having pillonidal sinus and my left inguinal lymph nodes got swelled...do u feel same problem I mean pillonidal sinus with lymph node swelling
  • Posted

yeah I used to get pain without infection and my pillonidla sinus is normal now...but my lymph nodes got swelled without any infection...plz reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.