please help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi. i am a 23 year old female who has suffered with pilonidal sinuses for approx 6 years, i have had 5 surgeries to drain them, 1 surgery to remove the sinus all together but they keep reoccurring. i recently had one landed via local anaesthetic, this healed via packing but then tracked and burst its self so then had to have that packed too. it’s been approx 2 weeks since the packing finished on the last one that burst itself and i’m almost certain that i have another one forming. i have tried everything and anything i can to prevent these from occurring but to no avail. any other information on how to prevent these are welcome. this is really begging to take over my life and need to sort this as soon as possible. thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Omg ellie I'm Matthew I'm 21 I've had a pilonidal sinus since September I've had like 8/9 ops on it my last one was on the 2nd your the 1st person I know around my age that has it too 

• Posted

Awww I’ve needed 8 ops and it’s still not healed up I’ve got an appointment on Monday with a knew consultant which this is his specialty so hopefully this will be the road to the end 
  • Posted

I also have pillonidal sinus but this time my left inguinal lymph node got swelled ..if u will help it b appreciated ..m 22 years male having pillonidal sinus from last 2 years..help will b appreciated. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.