30 years old and scared that I have pancreatic cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello;

ive had very bad smelling oily stools for a while now and other than that im in no pain or discomfort. my skin is normal colour.

ive got an appointment in july for hospital, and after 2 bloodtests my amylase serum is boarderline and ive been told to take these results with me to the hospital.

im scared that ive got pancreatic cancer at the age of 30.

has anyone ever had similar symptoms?

thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms could be anything or nothing at all. I think it is a big leap from smelly oily stools to pancreatic cancer. Steatorrhea indicates malabsorption which has many many causes.

• Posted

Pancreatic cancer is very very rare before 50. Esp if you dont have risk factors like diabetes, pancreatitis etc. Also foul smelling stools/malabsorption can indicate a problem with your intestines or gallbladder. From structural defects to lack of digestive enzymes. Dont stress yourself as it causes havoc on your Digestive health. Let your doctors decide and give you a diagnosis rather than diagnosing yourself. All the best

• Posted

If you are in the UK and the doctor had any suspicion whatsoever, you would have had a 2 week referral to hospital, not a 2 month wait. In preparation I suggest you keep a food diary for a time before your hospital appointment.

• Posted

I believe you would have had unexplained weight loss if that was the case, don't worry, stressing about health adds so many more symptoms to our problems.

• Posted

i am very light, around 7 stone 8 mark and i am a little underweight but, since my teens ive always been a light person and that weight has always been consistant!

im one of those people who can eat and eat and eat and not gain weight easily. always have been

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.