300 mg effexor a day

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am taking 300mg/day. 150 morning 150 night. I am still really depressed.

No good days. I have had 2 surgeries on my leg it is now in cast for 4 weeks.

This has really gotten the best of me. I need to feel better soon. Is 300 too much?

I have ativan to take also sa needed. But it does not work either.

Should I cut back on effexor to 225 each day?

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take 300 mg venlafaxine in the morning and 15 mg mirtazapine at bedtime. I started taking these meds in July 2015. I know it's a very high dose. I had treatment resistant depression. They have given me my lif back. I'm happier than I've been in years and also sleep better. Do you take the meds for pain and depression? What did you take before for depression? Tell your doctor that they are not helping, and see what he suggests. Please don't change your dosage until you talk to your doctor. Let me know how you're doing.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Thanks, I have been on effexor for more than 10 years. I am taking 225 daily. 150 morning 75 night. Will small dose of atavian help the depression? I am in a leg cast an have PTSD from Vietnam. I have 4 weeks left in cast. Hope the surgery help my leg.

Thank you for replying

• Posted

Hey John

Do NOT reduce without supervision. Ven and desven are well known for terrible brain zaps on withdrawal, I've had them when forgetting to take it at the right time, not nice and never happened with any other SS/SNRI.

I also found when I reduced the dose, without telling my GP mind you, that my anxiety significantly worsened on 150mg although the apathy improved somewhat. I also take 30-45mg Mirtazapine nocte, with Alpraz my PRN (Loraz didn't do sh*t for me and I became treatment resistant to diaz).

I feel you, I am seriously considering a meds change, and we all know how fun that is, but I have become a sleepwalker in my own life.

I have persistent insomnia, with an all-pervading apathy, and general withdrawal from everyday life. I hardly leave the house, and even the most basic of tasks seems beyond me, I am at my wits end rolleyes

• Posted

About to start venl. Like you i take mirtaz at night. Need diazepam then too.  Also taking diaz in day for anxiety.  Becoming tolerant. Cannot get my motivation back after spinal op 3 years ago. Wonder if its worth chancing venl or not
  • Posted

Hi John 

I have been on this for 374mg/day, more than you r on and 60mg Ritalin/day for short term memory and concentration deficits. I ended up to the complete disaster to do not recognizing my son-in-law and my patient ( I am a nurse). My psychiatrist said me easily " I cannot do anything for your memory " after putting me on high dosage of medication for last seven years!!!!! 

I decided to stop taking theses useless pills when I knew that would be very tough times ahead.  

I am on the withdrawal phase now, its horrible, but I I need to get rid of them as soon as possible. 

Its a peace of mind to be here and check the guys who are in the same boat. 

Wish that helps you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.