300mg 375mg venlafaxine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone been on 375mg been ar 300mg 12weeks and still low in mood with anxiety. Very tired all the time sad dr wants to try 375mg? This all started as postnatal depeessiin but shes now 2 and a half tears old. Iv no hope left.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I've been on 375 for 10 weeks now. No lift in mood and constantly tired. No improvement to anxiety either xx

• Posted

When did u start the med? Im very tired too but that might be the depression. I can laugh now my depression isnt there constantly but my life is no way ok. Lost all hope in been well ever again.
    • Posted

I started it in June 2016 but prior to this I was on it for 24 years so I don't think it's going to work now. Just so fed up of feeling like this. Doctors just keep saying give it time but it's not their lives x

• Posted

So uv been on it over a year sad

Iv been very poorly since late pregnancy oct 2014 and tried prozac. She was born early January 2015 and i got server postnatal depression abd anxiety it was awful abd i was in home crisis care.

Iv tried sertraline and duloxatine then the venlafaxine from aug 16 so around the same as u. This med helps more then the others but its been over 2 years so the improvements might be natural ones. I didn't kbow depression could last so long. Im very low in mood and just want to sleep it all away and some days just feel like a disconnect dream where its all unreal. Iv no idea what next but uv 3 young children and want a life back. Do u know what your drs thinking for u?

• Posted

I'm seeing psychiatrist now and that's on 9th August, cancelled from 21st July! I don't know what she'll do but I've heard they can give lithium or mood stabilizers when antidepressants don't work. When do you next see your doc?

• Posted

My story is similar to yours. I have severe ante natal depression then after having my son in feb 2016 had severe post natal depression. I too was under the home crisis team. They started me on diazepam and mirtazapine at low doses in pregnancy. After they increased the mirtazapine with no improvement then added in citalopram and i got worse. Took me off that and added in venlaflaxine quickly going to 150 xr. That did seem to help but after a failed attempt to reduce the mirtazapine they added in olanzapine. So i am now on 4 meds. Tomorrow i attempt to reduce the olanzapine due to weight gain and needing to lose weight for surgery. Overall i am stable ish right now but no clue what removing one med might do. Ive heard that mirtazapine works well with venlaflaxine. I think it is helping me but tbh on all these meds i don t know what is doing what. Pnd is the most horrific illness.
    • Posted

Anne i see them every 8 weeks but their not very good. They often want to add a antipsychotics that works as a add on to the antidepressants and can stabilser mood but they drag u down too. I tried one for 6 weeks and it knocked me out at night so i slept well but had sudation in the day and my aim is to feel more alive as i already often feel dead. Are u yoyoing or are u constantly really low and numb? Im so sorry we go through this. I should be happy but my brain wont let me.
    • Posted

I'm constantly low with no hope or interest in life. I do manage to work and can be fake there but once I'm home the empty feeling takes over. Suggestions like go out or get some exercise mean nothing cos I don't see the point of everything x

• Posted

Its dreadful !!!! I tried adding mirtz but was like a total zombie abd had server depersonalision so had to stop. I get to point where im stable ish but then go backwards. I never know if increases help or not as im like a yoyo. What is the aim ? To get us on a level mood not crying all the time? Is it too much to think we can feel normal and happy again? I really dont understand where i should be. I can laugh now where as before i was totally numb but i do still get numbness come over me daily and i fall into a fog like dream state of nothing, can you relate? Im so sick of it now and im so sorry you have pnd too.
    • Posted

I understand i feel the same but luckily iv had moments i can enjoy things for a while but it will slip back constantly. Its great that u can get up and work though as Some times depression leaves us totally bedridden. Is it your situation at home that might be causing the depressionsad
    • Posted

If I don't work I'd lose my house and my cats would be out of a home so I just keep going. I've always been on venlafaxine but my mum died 5 years ago and I haven't been right since. I've had bad work experiences and my 3 son's left home in March. There's just me and the cats and I often wonder what's the point of me x

• Posted

Im sorry for your loss and it must be hard the kids leaving home and the hoysw suddenly been quiet. Maybe it doesnt work anymore as the do poop out x
    • Posted

I don't think they've worked for about 10 years but I used to Think, I can't be depressed cos I take the pills, I just assumed I was a negative depressed person

• Posted

Hello Rachel ! If I were you, I would not consult this "doctor" about anything. I promise you that the psychological pain you are feeling now is nothing compared to what you are going to feel when you stop this drug. Try something that works. Benzos are a great alternative to conventional AD's/AP's. Yes, they can be addictive, but only because they work, which means you are likely to feel immediate relief, which in turn means that you will most likely look forward to taking your pills in the future. No big deal. Just excercise some controll over the Rx. 375 mgs is astronomical. Your doctor seems to be pretty naive, so you may want to ask him why BOTH, Effexor and cocaine are considered to inhibit the reuptake of the three primary NT's; seretonin, dopamine and adrenaline. If he tries to convince you that the Effexor is safe, and the blow is not, he's most likely a charlatan. Do what you have to to feel better. Addiction is a irrelevant concept here. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.