30mg-45mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help needed

I am on my third week at 30mg. Started on 15mg for 2 weeks before that. Doesn't seem to be helping with my depression at all

My doctor has suggested upping to 45mg

Or... trying fluoxetine (Prozac) alongside

Anyone here on 45? Any thoughts/ advice welcomed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would say that its early days, if theres one thing I learnt with this depression is that it is a long job to get better and I know that is not what you want to hear (I thought I would be better by last Christmas!)  I started on 30mg Mirt and was upped to 45mg and both helped for short periods but would love to be off it and I went cold turkey and came off it completely about a month ago. Sort of forced to go back on it but found that it does help with sleeping and depression/anxiety but it also completely turns me into a zombie too. I now take 22.5mg every 3 days as then I have a bit of me back when it is running out but I am dreading seeing psych dr as she is going to give me hell! I am supposed to be on 45mg/day.
    • Posted

I am on 45 mg second week feel very good so far certainly better than 30 mg just could not get to the top of the hill now 45 mg feel stable hope this helps it has been a long job I have been off work since Christmas am waiting to see mental health team and physiatrist to look at meds .
    • Posted

Hi Dawn.Glad to here you're doing better.I'm still trying to adjust to a Mirt/Gabapetin combo.Taking 30mg of Mirt starting with 15mg about 4 weeks ago going up to 30mg about 9 weeks ago(15 morning,15 night) and Gabapetin starting at 200mg 14 weeks ago to 400mg 7 -8 weeks ago to 600mg 2 1/2 weeks ago plus being weaned off of Paxil after 20 years(20mg twice a day).This last jump from 400mg t0 600mg has been the toughest but I hope to settle in soon.Have read a few people taking awhile to see psy/doc.I'm in the U.S. so it takes about a month or ,less.I know there are alot of people from the UK on here.Our you in the UK and is this common?Keep strong and am praying for you!God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Hi Robert yes I am în uk funnily enough have had mental health team on phone this morning I have to ring phycotherapy mon to make an appointment.woke up a bit low this morning do hope the mirt not pooping out again .going to do some gardening today sun out take care god bless xx

• Posted

Hi Dawn.Hope you had a good weekend.In my earlier post I said I started on Mirt 15mg 4 weeks ago.It was actuallyy 14 weeks ago.Well now 15 weeks ago.Hope all is well as can be.Did you get any where with the mental health team yet? God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.