30mgs to 40mg of citalopam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, so about 5 weeks ago now I upped my dosage of citalopram from 30 to 40mgs it was really hard for the first 2 to 3 weeks everything I was feeling went threw the roof e.g. anxiety depression etc then about 1 or 2 weeks ago I started to see quite a few improvents better sleep (but still waking up at 6) my appitite had come back, I'm not have loads of crying spells, I'm able to go to work with out loads of anxiety (only get a little anxiety first thing when I wake up) an enjoying things abit more but the only thing I will say is I was expecting to be abit more happier on these like my depression is still some what there (I know they are not happy pills) but I thought they might of up lifted my mood abit more it's nice that I'm able to cope with my day but wished they done abit more then that anyone felt like this at all after getting better!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI Lauren great that you're feeling better. From my experience of citalopram having been taking them for a long time, they will improve your mood it takes a while but it will happen. Take care sending hugs x

• Posted

Thanks guys like I do smile and have a good laugh hear an there but still feel so flat in myself an even enjoying myself with stuff can be hard but yeah I'l give it time!!

• Posted

Well when i was on 30mgs I was on that for a year or more an now they upped it to 40mgs 5 weeks ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.