31 Year old with Gallbladder Polyp sized 1.4 CM

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I have recently been diagnosed with three polyps in my gallbladder after doing a CT scan for an unrelated issue. The polyps were discovered by complete accident and are sized 1.4cm, 8mm, & 7mm. My PCP has suggested that I have my gallbladder removed due to the large size polyp being the size that it is. Since then, I have had several test done (CT Scan, Ultrasound, Blood work) showing no signs of cancer however, my stress and anxiety levels has shot through the roof. I am one that dwells on everything, constantly searching online, and feeling sick thinking it could be due to cancer. I have now spoke with a surgeon who has schedule my gallbladder removal in March. Has anybody been in a similar situation? The least thing I want to do is remove my gallbladder when it is not needed. I will mention, prior to the discovery of the polyps, I never had any pain on the right side of my abdomen, stool issues, or bloating under my rib cage. I feel that now with the possibility of cancer, I have been having pains where my gallbladder is at but, I am not sure if this is due to my anxieties. I have been to the ER twice now due to my stress and anxiety, but all tests and blood work show normal. No blockage or swelling in my gallbladder. I'm now taking anxiety medication to help. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,

I'm not sure if this will help, but this is my experience. I was diagnosed with an 8mm polyp on my gallbladder in 2021, following a scan for an unrelated issue . They decided to rescan a year later to review the situation. It had grown to 11mm. I was made an appointment to see a consultant surgeon to discuss this. When I met with him I said I didn't want an operation to remove the gallbladder as I was afraid. He very gently told me that he was concerned about the size and rapid growth withn a year and if it wasn't removed, it would most likely turn cancerous and be aggressive. He marked my case as urgent and I was given a surgery date of 4 weeks . I am now 2 days post operative. I would really recommend listening to medical advice, they wouldn't operate if it wasn't deemed necessary. Best wishes x

• Posted

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well after your surgery. How are you feeling? I have my surgery scheduled for next Tuesday and curious to see how it went for you.

Have they told you what was the outcome of your polyp? Also did you just have one?

Hope you heal quick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.