32 year old male with MC, diagnosed a month ago, seeking advice and success stories please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Podofilox-vs-cimetidine?

Ive been using podofilox for about 4 weeks now and have noticed a couple new tiny MC bumps around the infected area (groin), and I've noticed it is very very slowly spreading up my lower stomach area and a couple down my thigh. There were two that i accidentally broke open and they bled a little. I immediately got right to cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and right back to applying podofilox. I wash my clothes regularly, never use the same towel twice, wash my bed sheets every week or so, use rubbing alcohol towelettes frequently for almost everything I touch and disinfecting wipes for the toilet and all items that have a handle almost daily.

I know I'm just now beginning this infectious, highly contagious, extremely frustrating and very demoralizing course, but it is mentally breaking me down and giving me extreme anxiety having to turn down potential partners as I am single and will be for awhile now.

Does anyone here have any success stories with Podofilox or cimetidine? I have not yet reached out for a Rx for cimetidine but if anyone has used one or the other, or both, and has had success, please share with me.

I pray for anyone going through this a speedy recovery and high spirits. It is a mental thing too and its really hard to be optimistic when your doing everything you've been told to do, while taking extra precautions but yet you see another stupid little MC bump poke its ugly head.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My 8 year old daughter is on cimetidine for her molluscum. She has been taking it orally for 5 weeks now. She still has scattered molluscum but not as many as before. The only thing I have noticed is they seem to crust over and heal faster than they did before and are not as itchy and bothersome. But she still gets them. Was hoping to rid her of the disease in two months of treatment. We also use molluscum vanishing stick we got on Amazon to put on any bumps we see on her. It irritates them so they go to the crusting over and healing stage faster. I guess its a disease that has to run its course. Why some people get it and others don't I don't know.

• Posted

I used podofilox for a month which worked really well on the bumps that i treated, but I must have missed some because a month later, I have way more bumps. I'm trying imiquimod now. I think the key is to make sure you get every single bump, but the problem i have is that some of mine are reallly tiny, i can barely see them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.