35 year old female with no health issues until...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have always been a healthy individual.  No serious medical issues and once a year usually come down with a virus at most.  December 2017 suffered a miscarriage and had d and c.  Recovered fine. January got flu shot.  Feb got first period back and went to bed feeling dizzy.  Woke up and have felt off balance ever since!  Other symptoms include neck spasms, headaches and migraines.  Symptoms come and go.  Bloodwork is normal, ent found nothing and had mri of brain and neck- all normal.  Even got wisdom tooth removed thinking it was causing issues.  Anyone else have any other idea what this could be?  Please please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Look up the side effects from anti biotics they gave you. Could be something with those. Some destroy inner ear nerves, cause vestibular issues and deafness.
    • Posted

Only antibiotic I had was your standard z pack... at some point I did self diagnose and asked for one but the symptoms started prior to taking the zpack. 
  • Posted

How does your dizziness feel? Like vertigo or lightheaded? Or rocking on a boat and swaying when still? How do you feel when you’re in a car? 
    • Posted

Off balance.  When it came on it was full spinning but over time it just felt like a pulling sensation and now when it comes

on it feels like I’m walking on sponges- like as if the floor is moving from under me yet I’m still walking forward.

Stairs were a big issue for a long time because it was very hard to maintain balance walking down them.  The headaches and neck tension came after the off balance feeling.

Should also mention I’ve seen chiro who has done some stretching of the occipital muscles which kind of worked but not entirely.

• Posted

If someone is rocking and swaying like on a boat and felt okay inside a moving car? MdDS?
    • Posted

Generally speaking, yes. Although I believe some MAV sufferers describe a similar feeling and feel ok riding in a car (or in passive motion) as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.