35 year old looking to have hysterectomy done

Posted , 4 users are following.

H everyone im Kate, I had a ovarian cyst removed at age of 20 And hospital takes ovary and tube so i have one and later on age 23/24 i get cervical Cancer and that was scary. Then to find out i can only have kids doing ivf and that killed me but on 13 October 2011 after all the heart break only one egg out of 19 harvest from me long came my daughter (37 weeks) weighed as heavy as a bag of flour and then she was 5 and half when She been dignosed with ASD n not long ago (last year) ADHD.. So im not planning on any more kids as of issues birth defects and so i have only one ovaru and tube left which has scar tissue and i want a hysterectomy done and my gynecologist says it can be done but im not sure i want to. What are pro's and con's and should i do it??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

a con I would say would be early sudden onset menopause. it is something I have struggled with greatly since finally agreeing to get my ovaries removed. I had already had 1 daughter and a total hysterectomy. an er dr finally convinced me to do it because I was torchuring myself trying to save them and landing in the hospital every week. I tried to save them because I was worried about bone density and all of the changes that come with menopause. the plus is I obviously dont have the same pain. they were covered in endometriosis and hemmoragic or blood n thick fluid filled cysts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.