36 Year Old Hip Dysplasia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all & HNY

My friend has been advised by her doctor to leave her hip replacement for as long as possible but has started causing her more pain & it looks as though her other leg is now beginning to compensate, see image below

Could anyone offer her any advice as she is worried of taking so much time off (6 months) and she would rather wait but i fear she might lose mobility altogether if shes not careful as the image below is already several years old

many thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a hip replacement at the age of 59. I was out of work for only 2 days. Virtually pain-free from post-op to present! My other hip was almost as bad but have utilized stretching, lunging, leg weights regularly to strengthen the joint and the muscles and ligaments surrounding it. So far, so good! No need for surgery on other hip and the artificial hip is doing fine! Prayers for you and good luck! Lou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.