37.5mg day and night

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi could anyone tell me if they take extended release morning and night my doctor wants me to take 37.5mg day and night as I'm very tired and crying my eyes out shaking feeling dizzy, been on 37.5 for 16 weeks 50mg for last 10days now he wants to up it to 37.5mg twice a day.any advice helpful pls x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i havent taken them myself, but it is better. it will give you a more even spread of ven, which should mean slightly better mornings, and you having less side effects. the difference isnt huge. its not usually done based on cost, and doctors not appreciating the slight benefit. youve been on a low dose of ven for a relatively long time, for whatever reason. increasing from 37.5 a day to 75 a day, should give you improvements, you are probably looking at 4 weeks or so, after you start 75mg.

• Posted

unless there was a misunderstanding, or you are sendisitive to meds, staying on 37.5mg for 16 weeks, may have been a mistake. that dose is normally given as an introduction to ven so you get used to it, then you go up after a couple of weeks. was any reason given for staying on such a low dose for so long?

• Posted

I'm very sensitive to medication Nigel, putting me up slowly, been on 50mg for last 9 days, he wants me to try the 37.5mg at night then during day I'm scared but I know I can't go on crying and nausea all the time

• Posted

i take 150mg venlafaxine at night and 75mg first thing in the morning when i wake up, all extended release. it works for me.

• Posted

I was on the immediate release 37.5mg twice a day then got put up too 75mg twice a day n felt much better after around 4 too 6 weeks others find it takes longer xx

• Posted

This is exactly what my Dr is having me do. I was on 75 Extended Release once a day, at dinnertime. I am looking to come off Ven so Dr is having me split them up 37.5 day & 37.5 night. I seem to be doing fine taking them twice a day.

Good Luck to you!

• Posted

Thanks for reply I'm so sick of being unwell I have good days then a really bad day and it knocks me off, can I ask why u are coming off? Im just not sure these are working but I'm not sure what to look for never had depression before, it's a nightmare ,wouldn't wish it on any body😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.