37 and now spotting

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there. i am 37 years old and my period cycle has ALWAYS been 27-29 days. my periods only last 3-4 days.

i was due to get my period october 18th.... but got strange light spotting five days earlier, on October 13. The spotting lasted seven days and never turned into a true period. It ended on October 20... then, 10 days later, on October 30, I got more spotting and now it is the end of the 31st and the spotting is getting a little bit heavier but not enough to wear a tampon. i have lower abdomin cramps. i took 2 pregnancy tests, One on October 26, and one today and they were both negative. This has NEVER happened to me before. I have always considered myself very lucky to have such regular normal menstrual cycle.

I had a Pap smear September 30, and the results were normal. i see my gyn on monday, but im just totally confused and need some stories from others out there that might make me feel better about whatever the heck is going on.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

im 38 i had a similar experiance my periods are every 24 days and last for 4 days i started to get some light pink bleeding which would last about a week turned out i had bv a vaginal infection that had been irritating my cervix if your pap smear was normal it may be a hormonal problem some kind of imbalance or mabe an underlying infection going on somewere

• Posted

i went for a pap cos noticed was spotting pink all came back normal then they did some swabs came back positive for bv

• Posted

im 38 i had a similar experiance my periods are every 24 days and last for 4 days i started to get some light pink bleeding which would last about a week turned out i had bv a vaginal infection that had been irritating my cervix if your pap smear was normal it may be a hormonal problem some kind of imbalance or mabe an underlying infection going on somewere

• Posted

thank you!!! i will ask dr about bv or other infections. i just feel blah. hoping i get an answer on monday at the doctors. also hoping im not already perimenopausal and can get back to a normal cycle soon. thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

• Posted

i went for a pap after i noticed the spotting all came back normal so they took some swabs for yeast and bv and came back positive for bv

• Posted

perimenopause starts mid to late 40s but it can be earlier for some women i did think thats wat was going on with me as my periods went for 7 days to just 4 days so no idea everything came back normal and the doctor told me it was to early for perimenopause let me know how u get on

• Posted

UPDATE: I saw my doctor today, there is no sign of infection. They are having me due 10 days of progesterone to see if that will help put my periods back on track. If that does not work, then I will need further testing to see what is going on with me. I did get bloodwork today to just test for anemia since I have been bleeding for a while. I will keep you posted on everything... and if the progesterone works I will let you know!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.