37cm complex cyst on the right and smaller cyst on the left, surgery scheduled this Friday

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.  I'm freaking out.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had the same experience about 3 months ago i had a some cyst on my right side but it had disappeared and the one on my left side i had it removed along with my ovary and tube cause it was getting bigger i am recovered from it now but u will be ok there is nothing to be worried about
    • Posted

Thank you, the mood of the doctor today had me worried and the fact that he said he was going to have to make a very large incision to remove it.
  • Posted

Hi, ten days ago i had a 10.5 cm cyst removed and both ovaries and tubes. i was scared as i had never had a general anesthetic before. i knew nothing about the op the nurses were brill at looking after me and yesterday i took my dressings off to have a look at the wounds they were so tiny and tidy.i was nervous at doing this. i have no idea how they do it, but You may be surprised how small your incision is. i feel ok. Its  just the wait for results

wish you all the best

• Posted

Thank you, I'll post an update on here too. They said my hospital stay is 3-5 days did anyone else have to stay that long?

• Posted

Hello, I have a question for you. How do you feel after having both ovaries removed? Are you doing HRT? Also how old are you, if you don’t mind me asking? They want to remove my only ovary for reoccurring cysts and I’m scared. I’m 39 
    • Posted

Dont be scared they really look after you. i feel fine its been just over 2 weeks since, and i have no problems just walked a mile actually! you take it easy the first week or two, dont lift anything heavy. i was only on paracetamol for first 48 hrs. the worst thing is turning in bed.  i thought about hrt but my mum had breast cancer at 45,  so due to the increased risk i am doing it cold turkey! no have ordered some natural supplements. i have had some hot flushes but i can cope with that, longterm i have no idea how it will be. i was scared about surgery have kept my wounds covered and they are tiny and healing well, ask me anything if you need to
    • Posted

Hi, I'm 37.  Just got released from the hospital yesterday. They ended up taking the right ovary and tube. The cyst they got with that ovary weighed 33 lbs !!!WTF. The surgeon saved my left ovary but said he removed 2 smaller cysts from it. So luckily no hormone therapy for me yet.  One ovary should be able to function. There is an option for people who have time, mine was a scheduled emergency surgery. If you have a few weeks though he told me they usually offer to freeze some of you eggs. Or they could try to keep the uterus and then I'd have to get a donor egg. We had to got through every possibility and sign a waiver saying I understood I could have a total hysterectomy. Considering that they wouldn't really know how bad it was until they cut me open and by then I'd be asleep.  I understand being scared.  in the preop room I almost threw up but make sure to communicate everything to the nurses they can help you. Once I told mine and quit trying to be strong, She instantly gave me something to calm me down. No need to suffer needlessly. Let me know if have anything else answered.

• Posted

I responded to your message on accident to the other person. I'll post it again here too.

Hi, I'm 37.  Just got released from the hospital yesterday. They ended up taking the right ovary and tube. The cyst they got with that ovary weighed 33 lbs !!!WTF. The surgeon saved my left ovary but said he removed 2 smaller cysts from it. So luckily no hormone therapy for me yet.  One ovary should be able to function. There is an option for people who have time, mine was a scheduled emergency surgery. If you have a few weeks though he told me they usually offer to freeze some of you eggs. Or they could try to keep the uterus and then I'd have to get a donor egg. We had to got through every possibility and sign a waiver saying I understood I could have a total hysterectomy. Considering that they wouldn't really know how bad it was until they cut me open and by then I'd be asleep.  I understand being scared.  in the preop room I almost threw up but make sure to communicate everything to the nurses they can help you. Once I told mine and quit trying to be strong, She instantly gave me something to calm me down. No need to suffer needlessly. Let me know if have anything else answered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.