3rd ablation, still symptomatic, now what

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 50 and I had my 3rd ablation 2 months ago. Started with the diagnosis of Flutter, ater the 2nd I was told SVT, now after the 3rd I've been diagnosed with AFib. I'm not as symptomatic as when this started over a year ago, which was devastating and the reason I wanted an ablation, but I still found myself hugging a tree a few weeks ago while I was just walking in the park. My current EP gave me an event monitor last month and then switched to a leadless event monitor, which doesn't pick up much of what's happening, and now will be sending out to me a Holter because I'm starting to feel my heart beat drop low. This only lasts no more than 15 seconds or so but will do it several times throughout a day. I'm not on blood thinners due to a bleeding problem when first diagnosed.

Am I making my condition worse by having these ablations? Or is this indicative of a worse problem than AFib that hasn't been diagnosed yet? I have no other health concerns. Does asprin have any benefit in preventing stroke? Has anyone else had more than 1 ablation and have gotten worse? I've been on many meds without much relief, but I've had some success with Fleconide as a pill in a pocket approach, although not perfect and is exhausting but grateful for it. Any new meds that might have less side effects?

Is there anything left to try? I'm a bit worried but hoping my heart will calm down sometime soon.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deanna,

​I have just had my third ablation. The morning after I had to be cardioverted as I was running so fast and was in AF. Then kept having episodes. I was put straight back on my medication. Since then, four weeks later, things have calmed down. Hava managed to stop taking the digoxin and halved the bisoprolol to 5mg a day and the flecanide to 100mgs a day and could probably halve that again. I know I have a long way to go before I can consider that it has worked but I am beginning to feel back to my normal self and hopefully will get off the meds.Good luck

• Posted

Hi Judith, thanks for your reply and for sharing your story. As you suggested, I am looking into some facebook groups to see if they can offer alternative help. Good nutrition can only help smile

I am so sad that the third ablation wasn't curative and am concerned for what that will mean for my health as time goes by. I want to feel better and to not have my heart at the center of so much of my thoughts. These symptoms just have to calm down. I'm hopeful to trying some of the ideas on the facebook blogs.

• Posted

Hello - I am about to have my first ablation - I am afraid and after reading some of thes blog, I am not sure if I should have the procesure now.  Would it do any good?  I was dx with A flutter after a recent pace maker was placed in March of this year.  A conversion was done, however I convered back to A flutter with in 3 days, now my doctor wants to do a ablation.  I don't know what to do.  
  • Posted

I have now removed the references to the FB page/website as it is a commercial blog/site selling protocols etc. If users want to request the details for these you can use the private message service. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.