3rd after my colon resection

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone here is an update. I went in on Monday May 6th for my colon resection. They took out a good 6 inches of sigmoid colon. I was given an epideral just prior to surgery. It was removed last night. The only pain medication I've had to take is 2 extra strength Tylenol. I've been passing gas but no BM yet. I'm hoping that comes soon lol. I've been up and walking lots although today I feel like I've been hit by a freight train. Typical on the 3rd day in. Oh ya I was given IV antibiotics flagyl and cefaz... something lol I can't remember the name. For the first 24 during and after surgery. It looks like tomorrow I will probably be going home. From personal experience so far this surgery pain is WAY less than diverticulitis pain. I have 4 small laparoscopic incisions and one larger one that is about 3 to 4 inches. I was not sure if I was gonna have a colostomy bag or not so I was really glad to wake up and see that I didn't. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to answer. Hugs to all my diver friends. P. S. The doctor says I should not have any more trouble again with diverticulitis 😊👍

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi ,

im waiting for surgery, glad you are feeling ok ans surgery went well. just wondered what you meant by feeling like you have been hit by freight train. was it the cut . or what ? . im sure your bowel will return to normal soon . its been through a lot .

let us know how you get on .

• Posted

When I said freight train I meant my whole body was kinda achy, sore tired and sluggish. All from the trauma of going through surgery.

• Posted

hi,

thanks for getting back. just wondered what im in for when i finally get my date .

• Posted

It's really not that bad. I rather go through this then live in the hell of diverticulitis and not being able to eat food with taste and that it could come on at any time.

• Posted

Glad all went well - speedy recovery to you. Cousin had laparoscpic surgery December. Was totally wiped out for 4 weeks. No appetite, no taste buds. But fully recovered after 6 - 8 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.