3rd Endoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

This time I had the TV screen right up to me and was interested watching what went on. Little bit worrying was the sight of blood in the stomach. Could this have been caused by one of the biopsy tests and is it ususal?

Thx

Tony

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Internal bleeding is not good. Surely the consultant advised you of the reason for the endoscopy and gave you some feedback afterwards?
  • Posted

It depends how much blood you saw. If it was just a small amount, it could have been the result of the biopsy, which naturally makes a small wound in the stomach wall.

If severe bleeding had been noticed they wouldn't have let you leave the hospital after the test, so there's clearly no cause for immediate alarm.

I expect your doctor will contact you to discuss the results of the test once he/she receives them. If you don't hear anything in the next few weeks, I'd suggest you ask your doctor about this.

If there was any serious bleeding going on you'd be vomiting it up in the form of "coffee ground vomit", or you'd be passing foul-smelling black black stools. This is what stomach blood looks like when it's digested.

As long as you're not having the above symptoms or feeling unduly faint or ill, there's nothing to worry about. But do attend for a follow-up appointment if you're called to one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.