3rd ercp

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm so fed up with the constant pain now I'm going to have my 3rd ercp due to unstable liver function tests does anyone else suffer like me ? 🤒😖🤕💊💉🌡😷

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes my ALT is 140, im in constant pain and have had ultrasound, gastroscope, ct scan all of which showed nothing. I have been in alot of pain and the only drug ive taken that helps is codeine phospate but i dont want to be taking that forever.

I recently had a HIDA scan which showed my gallbladder wasnt sectreting bile. I now wait to see what happens from here.

I was told i had pancreatic cancer, trapped wind, stomach ulcer, gallstones, kidney stones, pulled muscle, anxiety. was also told my bloods were all in normal range, it was only when i checked myself that i saw they had been abnormal for over a year!

Ask for the HIDA scan. ERCP can cause further complications. HIDA is non invasive and will show if you have biliary microlithiasia or any blockages that wont show up on other tests.

good luck.

• Posted

I had my gall bladder removed at the end of March this year.  On June 31st I ended up with severe pain in the same up right quadrant under my rib and radiating to my back.  It was the second time since my Cholesesectomy.  I had my NP run a liver panel (Thursday).  On Friday my urine was brown red and on Saturday a.m. I went to the ER with a Liver Enzyme of 5.  They kept me in the hospital FIVE days and did an ERCP, finding nothing.  I have done a parasitical cleansing and have had no issues since the last one.  Reading on this blog I hope it was the last as I WILL NOT return to ER.  I think we over produce bile and this is the problem and don't think they can do a thing about it.  Just my opinion.  I pray it doesn't happen again.

• Posted

Hi Natalie, I am new at this, could you tell me what Ercp is?
    • Posted

They take you into the operating room, sedate you and put a tube down your throat to look at your liver (in my case). Β They can see in your ducts to see if you have stones causing problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.