3rd plantar wart

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had this plantar wart that was really deep for about a year before I got it removed. Unfortunately, about two months later it came back but not as deep and wide, but I still had it removed AGAIN. Now, it's been another two months and it's back again. Any idea why it won't stop coming back?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Plantar warts are caused by the human papillomavirus of which about 120 different varieties exist.

This is why they return.

Perhaps your physician is not going deep enough.

• Posted

I have used the following method successfully to get rid off a stubborn and fast spreading mosaic wart along with multiple warts that started popping on the foot and a plantar wart on a hand.First use compound W freeze off advanced to freeze the wart (this was a start but did not alone get rid off the wart) Next start the following routine 1) wipe the area with a strong hospital strength alcohol wipe (or use strong nail polish remover) 2) apply dr scholls salicylic drops 3) after the drops dry and form a crust, apply a coat of clear enamel nail polish (this is far more targeted and effective than duct tape which slips and falls off) 4) after the enamel dries wipe the surrounding area with alcohol wipeRepeated this process twice a day for two weeks. All the warts became dead and fell off . Other tips) put on a fresh pair of cotton socks every time after treating the areas on foot 2) threw away all socks after every treatment. 3) after warts were gone got new shoes and threw old ones away. 4) continued alcohol wiping the area for two more weeks after all warts died 5) very careful about using public swim places going forward

None of the warts came back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.