3rd Round of Mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

If you have tried at least 3 times to get off mirt, and kept going back because of the harsh symptoms please let me know by post or message. Thank You,

David

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I haven't tried but just went on it 1 month ago and wondering if I should change medication. Not working real good anyway. Afraid of withdrawal when I do have to go off
    • Posted

The choice is between you and your doctor, but if you are going off of the mirt, the sooner you discuss it with your doctor, the sooner you won't have it to worry about,
  • Posted

This is an interesting topic.... I have been on mirt 5 years now, i have not tried withdrawing but i like to know more about people that have tried

• Posted

David, I'm possibly getting ready to start Mirtazapine and I was worried about the withdrawal. What mg are you on and how long have you been on it? Do you take it for anxiety? If so, how well does it work? Look up Evergreen and she has some withdrawal information you might can use.
    • Posted

tonia, I am no longer on mirt. took 45 mg for 8 years and realized that it was making me sick. It has taken three tries to get off it and still having withdrawals at 90 days off. My advice to you or anyone else, is to find something else if possible. The stuff may or may not work, but the withdrawals will be waiting either way. If you decide to go with it, remember this text. I wish had never seen the stuff. It is between you and your doc. You asked for my opinion, that is all that this is, good luck. I was given it orignally for abdominal pain.
    • Posted

Oh my gosh David. What symptoms were you having when you were on it? You said it was making you sick and that's why you were on it. How was it making you sick? I've heard it can weaken your immune system. What symptoms are you still having now? I'm still having to take Paxil, but it's not working anymore. It hasn't since July of 2015. I was having heart palpitations and just feeling unwell off and on and I took an herbal supplement and in two days I was in a panic attack and I've only had one in my lifetime. I can't go on another antidepressant because of Paxil and I just don't want to take an antipsychotic at a low dose either. I'm sure the withdrawal from it would be horrible too. I dread coming off of Paxil. I just don't think I want to get on Remeron. I took it just to see how it reacted with me 2 days felt fine and then had flu-like feelings. I wish I knew what to do. I can't continue like I am. I don't even leave the house but for doc appointments.
    • Posted

it was making me nauseated, weak, fatigued, headaches. Now, I am having mostly abdominal symptoms, cramps, abdominal pain. I am sorry for your situation, and hope that you get better. Take Care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.