3rd time in 3yrs with severe diverticulitis need help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello I am a 42yr old female that has had a severe diverticulitis flare-up every year for the past 3yrs, one which included a 4 day hospital stay. it seems like everything I read on diet changes leads to me to basically eating nothing I enjoy and it's so frustrating. This condition really disrupts my life work and time with family and friends. Can someone tell me if having the surgery to remove that section is worth it. I really want my quality of life back without living in fear of whatever I eat will trigger this unbearable pain from this disease. Honestly I'm so afraid to have the surgery but am also afraid of when my next flare-up will strike. Any advice I gladly welcome.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.