3rd time lucky i hope

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I'm back yet again. Starting with my third attemp at orlistat. the first one went quite well until the doctors put me on some steroids for a chest infection i picked up in Egypt, i had to stop taking my little blue friends due to a reaction with the steriods, the 2nd attaemp ended in a bad reaction to orlistat. so now im back to where i started almost 12 months ago. at around 19 stone, 5ft 8 and back in a sixe 22-24. :-(

So disheartening for me.

Been finding it really hard to get back on track. i have tried to eat healthy but it doesnt seem to have worked.

has anyone got any tips to help me boost weight loss again.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Im on my last week of the 3mths trial from my docter and i have really struggled to lise any weight , im at my wits end really need my weight off so need a miracle this last week

Fingers crossed we can both get help from this site

• Posted

Hi

There's no magical formula. Aim to increase the amount of exercise that you do. It doesn't matter what level you start from just keep doing it - even if it's only walking regularly - but try to step it up gradually over a period of time. So far as eating goes try to always have something that you enjoy but keep amounts lower than you're used to. And relax knowing that you're doing your best and that your little blue pill is going to help boost your progress. 

• Posted

Ive lost 3 stone in 5 months with these so it can be done ill tell you what i did. I had a cereal bar for my breakfast, cous cous or a tin of tuna for lunch and i really just ate whatever i wanted for my tea. I hardly done any excercise honestly i think its all about portions. Walk as much as you can, drink diet instead of full fat fizzy drinks. Try avoid chocolate im serious i ate a chocolate cheese cake then took a pill and i swear 5 minutes later the whole thing came out of me like chocolate is just pure fat lol not a nice experience i almost leaked! I really hope these work for you as i was amazed they worked for me i have polycystic ovarian symdrome and a very slow metobalism i thought i was destined to be obese but it can be done. I also kept telling myself what Kate Moss once said " nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" that might seem like the most f'd up thing someone could say but for an obese person skinny has got to feel better than food or we will always resort to food... Good luck i mean that xxx
  • Posted

In Feb this year i was 19stone 7lb I am now 14stone i tried these tablets but lost very little so decided to stick to 1500 calories a day and started doing Zumba, i was under the hospital for six months weight management and was due to have a gastric band in october, but i have done it myself i got to the point i wanted to do it for me to feel better, i was a 26 in clothes now an 18 and still stick to my healthy eating and zumba. The sad thing is you can only have these tablets so long what happens after? Sadly no one sees this bit and tablets are only a temperory solution best of luck x 
  • Posted

Hi hun, I'm in the same boat! This is my 5th time! 2yrs ago I lost 2stone in 8 weeks on them but then I went off track! I'm now 16stone 😞 really need to get back on track xx
  • Posted

Hi steph2908, i see you are coming back to Orlistat - for me this is good to see, as it reassures me that they can work..!??

I have started on Orlistat 14 days ago, i am only taking ONE per day with my main meal as breakfast is usually porridge, i will snack on foods or Nuts, Lunch is usually grilled chicken, pasta or something similar & my main meal is at home witth family - so likely to be oven baked fish or chicken with veg and salad, but theres some cooking fats involved.

Ive been happy so far - not too many side effects - Except i just learned this morning that Salmon is NOT a good idea !!  so i will be keeping away from oily fish me thinks.

I weighed myself and found i have lost 1.1kg in the first week (about 2.4lbs) would anyone be able to tell me if that is reasonable - as i was expecting (or hoping) for more.

I visit the gym about 2 to 3 times per week too.

Could anyone also tell me if ONE tab a day - covering just that one meal is actually a good OR bad idea..  as it seemed to make sense to me ??

But now im not entirely sure...  

• Posted

Hi I am new to this.

I am currently on orlistat, and the Same weight and height as you.

I have been on them for 6 days, and followed a very low fat diet and just weighed myself and not a single lbs lost!! I am very disheartened. Just got the exercise bike out of the shed and going to do that every night for 30mins and hopefully will have a lose next week.

How are you girls getting on?

Kelly

Xx

• Posted

Hi Kelly. Could be too soon to jump on the scales, many factors like water retention, mass gain etc can be side effects of eating clean & exercising - though they can hinder the results in scales. Try to weigh in every 2/3 weeks instead of weekly.

Have you seen any difference this week ?

Also have you cut Sugar in your diet / drinks (equally if not more important than fat reduction)

Also have you started or increased exercise / mobility / physical activities ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.