3rd times a charm!

Posted , 4 users are following.

well,this Wednesday,the 8th,will be my 3rd surgery on the same leg(right) for scar tissue!I'm so sick of this! the dr.said that I can do nothing and it won't get any worse or any better or get it removed bc it's painful! any advice??!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like your skin forms keloids more than most people.

I don't know any way to prevent but I've heard that docs can minimize to some extent.

Sorry to hear about this, hopefully this doctor know ways to minimize the scar during the healing phase and you won't get on this time.

• Posted

Did you say your 3rd surgery for removing scar tissue? OMG!!!!! I had heard it is a laparoscopic surgery. Nit as bad as the original??? If you have had this done before how was the pain after? When was your original TKR?? May 17 will mark my 5th month after . I have yet to have one pain free day. I have numbness on one side, swelling all down my leg and it is so stiff it feels like a tourniquet. How do you know you have scar tissue??? I will be thinking about you and praying for you Wednesday. Good luck and please keep us posted when you can.

• Posted

I'd be concerned that further surgery might create even more scar tissue if you're prone to it. Is it definitely scar tissue and not adhesions? Would ultrasound or massage help break down the scar tissue and might it be worth trying before further surgery?

Whatever you decide, I hope it works this time and you get some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.