3rd week of DD

Posted , 2 users are following.

DD for the first time on the 3rd week now, (i am 27 years old) done with antibiotics 2 days ago,  still feeling weak and cramped up, bet its cause of DD n side effects of AB. Also little loose BM and also sometime i feel constipated. My diet includes  soft white rice porridge, vegetable juice, milk, crackers here and there. Still scared to try out full on diet. But doc was like you should start  on more high fibre diet which most ppl suggests otherwise. Due for colonscopy in 2 weeks....scared to death, hope everything would be ok rolleyes.... oh on probiotics too, i lost like almost 7 lbs or so i think in 10 plus days...what should my diet look like about now or going on further. And should i be worried? can i go excercise and run ? any fiber supplement or stool softner i should be on? and sorry i keep bothering about these questions again. Thank u so much everyone for  taking to reply me

Rochak

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there! The discomfort lasts awhile after. Since this is my 4th time I’ve learned a few things. Loose stools are prob from antibiotics. I tolerate them better when I take probiotics . I use spearmint gum to get rid of the metallic taste. Do not  chew gum as it may cause gas.  Cut your meal size to 1/4 of normal but more frequent. Take Tylenol. Definitely liquids for several days, then low residue. My staples are white toast, yogurt, scrambled eggs. It takes me a while to get my appetite back. But definitely go back to the dr with fever or constant pain!!!!
    • Posted

TY so much the reply ...is it common to lose weight too ? and still suffer from mild discomfort ? i went to play soccer yesterday ... up until last min i had little bit of pain in stomach ..may be it was bad idea to play little intense...
    • Posted

Wt loss is common with decreased appetite. Since Dec I have lost 25 lbs! I know it took me 2 months following my 2 nd bout to be mainly painless. Exercise is ok but if you have pain don’t! It’s your body tells no you stop!
    • Posted

Hi

I think you are getting the same response to your posts from just about everyone regarding diet and weight loss.  I know you are young and this is frustrating, but you need to walk before you run.  You wouldn't attempt a marathon the day after you'd had a cast off for a broken leg (unless you're an Olympic athlete lol!!).  But at least you didn't sit indoors feeling sorry for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.