3rd week off of Cita.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on 20mg Cita. for 4 months and recently went to 10mg for 1 week then nothing. Side effects not bad, a little dizzy, headaches. I can deal with that but my neck and upper back is sore, stiff, weak not really sure how to describe it! I kinda always had neck issues but not like this. Anybody else have this? And if so does it finally go away? Thanks🌻 Beth

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ooops, this is my 3rd week off of Cita. If anybody can relate!!
  • Posted

Hi Beth,

These could still be side effects or withdrawl! No matter how long anyone is on Cita once its in your system it takes time to completely disappear. Not sure what your Dr was thinking of to drop you to 10mg for a week and then 0? 

I started reducing last night as advised by my Dr, dropping 10mg one night, but not the next and I am doing this alternate nights for a fortnight to see how it goes. If I get any real bad SE or W I shall try cutting a tab in half and only drop 5mg every other night, see how that does. After the fortnight if all going well I shall the same for another fortnight or more if needed.

You see Beth as it takes time to work it also takes time to work out your system until you are clear. Great med though.

Maybe a rethink is in order?

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanks David, probably not to smart on my part but I'm doing this on my own, I have a problem with alcohol and Dr said I was depressed and put me on sertraline for 4 months then Wellbutrin for 2 weeks. That was horrible! I shouldn't have been taking either one due to interaction with Tamoxifen ( breast cancer drug) then went on Cita. In which case it helped, I don't want a drink! I have to control alcohol I can't let it control me! So that's where I am. Also when I went on Cita I didn't really have any problems, except the neck thing! Sorry I don't normally go on and on about things, but I am learning it's good to talk about things! And Good Luck David it really is awesome being off of Cita.
    • Posted

Thanks Beth, but I do have a way to go, possibly 6 months on a slow reduction.

Never, ever worry about going on, that is why this forum is here to listen, help and advise where appropriate and share experiences! Plus we like a good chat and are just a nosey old bunch LOL! So keep posting!

Regards,

David

• Posted

I have neck issues and it feels like i have been lifting weights with my neck. It comes and goes and sometimes feels like my head is too heavy. Its bearable because overall it probably saved my life
    • Posted

Not glad u have the same thing but relieved . I've gone to a physical therapist and had acupuncture, which has been successful on my back before, but nothing this time! It feels sometimes if ur neck wasn't attached it would fall off! I've read some of ur discussions but can't recall if u are still on Cita? And yes it really does help save lives and very glad it worked for u do u do anything special to get relief? It's so random in that it comes and goes! Thanks for the reply!
  • Posted

Yes, I've been on CITA for about three months. My neck just feels extremely tired. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I'm carrying a 20 lb weight on my head and my neck gets tired or like my muscles felt when I used to lift weights a lot. I just lay down a bit and it goes away
    • Posted

I'm trying some natural remedies, but will pass it along if it helps ! Stay Strong👊🏻
    • Posted

Hi Beth, david is right we want to hear whats happening in your life! and how your feeling if our advice can better improve your state of mind and recovery then win win I say!! I am a recovering drug/alcoholic and took diazapam and trammodol recreationly Idiot I know alcohol was the tip of the ice berg so I feel your pain with that drug!! I have been clean since march 2011 and since had a hunger for it but somehow avoided it, since having depression/anxiety the citalopram actually makes me dread any substance so if it makes me steer clear maybe it will you too? I'm sure you will find the secret medication to improve your life take care all the best! 
    • Posted

Thanks, it does help to talk about things and seeing wat other people r going thru, u r never alone, since taking Cita I don't want to have a drink either! But gunna give it a try without the Cita. I have to take control of my life! And fingers crossed I haven't wanted a drink. I also have my health, 2 awesome kids to stay sober for. Thanks to all who replied, u really all r a godsend!
    • Posted

And great job on taking control of your life!!
  • Posted

Hi Beth,

It is great to hear the positivity in your post and we all wish you well. However, if you feel things may be starting to get a little much for you there is nothing wrong with going back on Cita and maybe see it through until you reach a happy level for you.

And just because you aren't taking it doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you, we do! You've joined the forum Family now and we care!

Good luck keep posting!!!

All the best,

David x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.