3rd week prozac

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm taking this for anxiety n panic attacks.. I'm going thru all the side effects expecially the worsened anxiety attacks.. I'm starting to get depressed bc of dealing with this.. is this normal or does this mean I'm becoming suidal? Please help.. I'm trying to stick thru till 6 weeks but it feels like there's no light at the end of the tunnel.. I need some pick me up please

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya lovely people .... Just wanted to share my story so far ... Hopefully it may help other people through their journey . After feeling particularly anxious for some time my gp started me on Fluoxetine 20 mg 9 days ago. WOW what a journey .... My GP definitely did not prepare me for these side effects ... Also I purposely did not research it as I felt that would make my anxiety worse . For the first few days I felt what I can only describe as euphoric. I could not believe the tablets were working so quickly as the gp said it would take at least 2 weeks. I went to Wales with my husband and group of friends 3 days later for the weekend to celebrate our friends birthday . Foolishly I consumed a lot of alcohol on the Friday night ... Woke up Saturday morning having a HUGE panic attack ... Something I hadn't experienced before .... For the whole weekend i was in Wales ... I felt like my body was shaking from the inside out .... Extremely anxious ... Crying ... Hot sweats .... Could not eat , was generally terrified .

I returned home on the Sunday and felt some relief ... However woke up Monday morning having another major anxiety attack ... Took myself to the GP as I was due in work the next day ... GP reassured me that I needed to give the tablets time to work ... And I would feel a lot worse before feeling better ... I was prescribed 80mg slow release propanalol to help manage the palpitations...and signed of work for two weeks. (In the last 2 years I have never taken a day off sick)

I feel I have had every side effect going ... Anxiety attacks, low mood, nausea, no appetite, weight loss, body trembling, hot flushes, sweaty hands and feet, shaking vision.

I am now on day 9 and actually feel a lot better .... Not 100% myself yet ... Still a long way to go ... But we actually went to our friends for tea last night and i actually enjoyed it !!! I honestly hope this is the start of my recovery because I cannot go back to feeling the way I was ...

• Posted

Ah Renee, thanks for sharing that. It's interesting to hear how you felt during the first few days - I also felt amazing for the first 3 days of taking it and set to work on all the jobs I'd been putting off, moving furniture round and feeling fantastic. However, it didn't last long but how I felt in those few days is how I'm hoping I'll feel once the medication kicks in properly (back to my old happy motivated self who I've somehow lost over the years). 
    • Posted

You and me both, Sophia - well said.  I guess that loss of motivation/sense of fun, is such a gradual process that we don't notice it - until it's just gone.  Horrible.  I sense that I'm still recovering and that's on week 19 - so it's a S-L-O-W process, grrr!

Anne x

• Posted

Hi Anne I just want to be cost in bed and I'm finding it so hard to get up and do anything.

Housework is not inviting not is food.

I'm on week 6 7 and all I want for Christmas is motivation and desire to live and be active but mostly feel happy 👍🏻😊

I do feel better once I make myself do things it's just the getting of my Arse to start with feel like I need a rocket up it 😂

• Posted

You made me laugh, Alice!  In looking back at 19 years of AD use, starting with Prozac, I am wondering if being on this drugs wasn't the problem all along with regards to my lack of motivation!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.