3rd year post POEM

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello..

Its been 3 year's since my Poem was done by Dr Nageshwar Reddy at Asian Institute of gastroenterology ...

I have lots of reflux and choking once in a day at least at times if I am eating out its very embarrassing in front of people..

I choke on small bites until i drink hot water and vomit i dont feel better..

I am feeling depression does anyone else has similar prob?

Also my stomach is bloating all the time

Body looks normal but tummy is looking bigger.

If there is anyone in group from Telangana state Hyderabad plz connect with me.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to be examined to find out the underlying cause of your troubles. You may be right that it is primarily caused by reflux, but it also sounds like you have a problem with food reaching your stomach properly. It can be very dispiriting and certainly will affect your quality of life, but it is not uncommon for people to need a review a few years after this procedure.

Meanwhile you might try Gaviscon Advance to see whether this is beneficial.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you're having so much trouble this soon after your surgery.

My poem was in April of 2016 and I've had some troubles with reflux but not to the extent that you have. Time to have a follow up with your Gastroenterologist to see that nothing else is going on. Maybe you have postop scarring that could be causing trouble. At any rate a follow up is definitely due.

God Bless you in finding answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.