3weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

well this is my 6th surgery on my right knee since 2017&this is the 2nd time it's been totally opened back up!My surgeon had to cut into my qusd muscle,almost mid tbigh!So now he says with him cutting so deep &high up in tbe muscle it's going to take at least 2-3 full months b4 I can even climb one step!! To say I was immediately depressed is putting it mildly. Has anyone else had this issue?Ill be on crutches for at least 4-6 more weeks!Im only 49&wasn't expecting it to be this bad ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this, no wonder you're depressed. I have no helpful advice I'm afraid, but hope things improve for you and this surgery will be the one that works for you. Wishing you an uncomplicated and smooth recovery and every good wish fir tge future.

• Posted

Thank u so much for ur beautiful words of encouragementโคโค This msg lifted my spirit &brightened up my day ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ May God smile upon u&bless u richly!โค๐Ÿ˜

• Posted

Hi there, im 48 yrs old & can totally understand your frustration as ive had 6 operations on my left leg/knee over the last 5 years.

my leg is now very deformed with my shin bulging after an osteotomy. I was doing well until i started to get excruciating pain in the medial part of my knee at night which is almost paralysing when it happens.

I can only say to take it one day at a time.

It probably doesnt feel like it but you will get there. Your body needs time to heal, be gentle with yourself. You will get there eventually.

• Posted

Oh mercy, sorry... Im fixing to have a third op on my left knee; Revision this time... I pray that this one will do the trick....... going to an excellent surgeon at Duke Hospital this time...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.