4.5cm Ovarian Cyst - 22 years old - docs won't remove

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, 

I've been having pain for about a week in my lower right abdomen. I went to docs and they confirmed via ultrasound a 4.5.cm cyst on my ovary.

Problem is, it's causing me a lot of pain! 

I'm on the implant, I'm only 22 and up until about 6 months ago I was having no periods, now in the last 6 months I've had erratic and frequent periods - doc said cyst would have formed in the last 4 weeks so probably not related.

They won't remove it and keep telling me to take pain meds but that they can't help.

Has anyone had the same problem with doctors not wanting to remove if less than 5cm even if they are in a LOT of pain? 

Thanks smile xxx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can't wait until I see my gyno. I have had ongoing pain in my left hip for over a week. Sometimes it's mild and dull, but other times it's sharp and i'm bent over doing all I can not to cry. I went to the ER about 4 days ago because it got so bad I didn't know what to do. After a CT, they said constipation. Well, I have pooped several times since my ER visit and still manage to have the pain in that area. I made an appointment with a gyno to check for cysts and endo. I have history with cysts but they were never cause for concern. But to have this pain/ ache for over a week, there HAS to be something causing it. It's not my right side. Right side feels fine. at times it goes into my lower back and my left leg aches(not sure if this is related to anything). i'm kinda hoping they find something just because then there will be an explanation. if not, then i'm back to square one.
    • Posted

Oh no hope you feel better soon! They always say constipation!! I have same pain as you, dull ache or stabbing pains! Guess it varies on the fullness of your bladder etc... Just want it to be over!!
    • Posted

I swear they say constipation when they don't really know what would be causing the pain. The bladder thing is true! My bladder is full right now and I'm having more aching than I do when my bladder is empty. i didn't know they went together though.
    • Posted

Yea I reckon your bladder expands a lot and crushes the rest of the stuff together making it hurt more!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.