4 am violently shaking, panic attack, nightmare

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ladies its 4 am and i am having one of the worst nights. i awoke from my sleep with panic attack, shaking cannot breath, feeling disoriented in my head and sinus. I also has a nightmare. i am trying to calm down as much as i can. i want to call the ambulance but why repeat the same routine last week. I have to learn to cope and its hard. I am going to call my dr today .i feel like something is severly wrong with me. How the hell can this be hormones. i am a mess. I cannot stop crying

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

sally , join the menopause support network , its a facebook group, you will get lots of support,from others there x

• Posted

Chrissy I will do that. Thank you i need all support i can get. Thank you once again

• Posted

Sally its 425. Am and same thing is happening to me. I hate this crap. Only no nightmare just violently woke up shaking panic can't breathe shaking a wierdnesd in my head. Wtf!!! I too want to go yo hospital. Idk feel better

• Posted

Jaynie i hate all of this. This is a nightmare for women. I feel good knowing i am not alone. I called into work and told them that i would not be in for another week. I too hope your feeling better. Thank you

• Posted

hi i am have same thing feeling like i really need to check into hospital i feel like i am going crazy pass few days

• Posted

Hi Lisa all this is crazy. I am having it bad tonight. had 2 attacks and its already 2;46 am. I cannot sleep. This all seems like a bad dream

• Posted

i slept half way last nighth but had one panic attack and today at work i have had extreme worry and anxiety all day it is about to drive me to the hospital any moment

• Posted

I had your exact same experience when I first began perimenopause. I would wake up every night at 3 am feeling like I was dying. Sometimes it was my breathing, sometimes weird feelings would come over me, sometimes terrible nightmares. This part lasted about 6 months and then left. You will find that symptoms cycle. They will go away for a while and then come back when you wish they wouldn't. You will make it through just like I have done. I still have scary symptoms but I am a little less nervous now. Maybe? I wish you well and am here for support if you need it.

• Posted

I'm not in Peri. I'm in post.. But I didn't get any symptoms until 6 maths ago... 3 years after my period stopped. This is very scary

• Posted

ohhhh sweetie, I know EXACTLY how you were feeling...I was the same way. Just be sure to eat right, exercise and get regularly scheduled checkups for peace of mind. I also would turn on anything funny to watch during those night attacks, found everything i could to read that relaxed me and took my mind off myself, and found this wonderful group. Hugs!

• Posted

Thank you Katy i will take your advise. I noticed that my hip bones and back had so much pain and i couldn't do the hard workouts like before peri so a friend of mine suggested a pilates machine. I am in love with it. As far as keeping myself relaxed when i have a episode is still difficult but working on it. Thank you so much . Have a great day

• Posted

Sally. How did ur day go?? Just checking in.

• Posted

Hello Jaynie . That day i noticed that my day was filled with high anxiety with headaches. It was a rough day for sure. Yesterday only sinus and back pain but i would take that over what i felt that night. It was quite horrible. This morning i woke up fine and went for a walk. You are so kind for checking in with me i so appreciate your kindness of heart. Sending love your way. Have a wonderful day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.