4 Days Aguablation Post-Op and I pulled the catheter.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm a free man, I hope. Just pulled the catheter this morning and all is going well, so far. Yeah, it burns some and passing the "leftovers" is kinda exciting. As far as I can tell, the blood is gone and I'm urinating a little wildly but the stream is getting more defined. I'm more worried about infection at this point than anything else. Still taking Doxycycline twice a day and Tamsulosin. When the urine hit the toilet water the first time, it made a splash and a sound so loud my wife thought something fell off. Just working things out here and staying positive.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

what was your pre-op condition ? did you have a large median lobe? hi or narrow bladder neck , prostate size? did they program the computer to do a retrograde ejaculation preserving pass/procedure? I'm looking at having it done and I have all the above conditions and request. I will be very curious about what things will look like in 6 weeks. thanks for any additional information.

• Edited

Pre-op condition WAS BHP, prostate size 50cc, narrow neck and a mysterious quote from 3 Urologists "Robert, your prostate is enlarged, but it's just NOT that big to be giving you fits like it is" or in some variation of that. I spoke with my Urologist about RE, erection and seminal flow after Aguablation and he reconfirmed what the known chances were of disrupting my sexual life and every precaution would be taken into consideration during the programming of the robotics for the procedure. I know that information is kinda "boiler plate" that everyone considering this knows, but I trust the guy. He opened my eyes to what had been going on to me for years. 8 times in the hospital, 2 of those in ICU. He never pointed a finger at anyone and just questioned "why haven't you had this done before now?" I have a theory about this and it's kinda dark, so I don't want to get into that. I haven't taken it out for a "test run" yet but since this morning when I posted it's gotten even better concerning urination. I haven't pee'd like this in 45 years. I hope everything for me looks GREAT in 6 weeks and I'll post until it's old news for me. I know how important this information was to me when I was heading towards surgery. I wasn't totally sold on the outcome until the Anesthesiologist came into pre-op and was telling me about what he'd be doing and what to expect going under and coming out from surgery. He saw I was nervous and he said "Robert, no need to be nervous, everything will be fine. Your doctor performed Aguablation on me some time back and it changed my life." The guy was serious and the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. That was the day before Halloween, 5 days ago and I'm feeling great. Honestly, straight up and no B.S., I haven't read any post-op recovery results like I am experiencing. I'm waiting for a shoe to drop and it just hasn't happened. It's early on and we'll see what it looks like down the road a ways but I'm staying positive and moving forward.

• Posted

Where you on any blood thinners such as coumadin or warfarin? I'm on those meds, which may be the breaking point as to whether I can get the procedure or not.

• Posted

Quite possibly, although Uro should have asked what med you are on. The pre-op consultation will certainly ask about blood thinners etc, even aspirin.

Check it out. If you can stop taking for a limited time could be a solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.