4 days post op for vaginal prolapse surgery. What is normal ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

On day 3 I felt better - continued bed rest and limited activity.

Now today I feel worse. More pain. Resumed spotting. Stitch fragments on pad. What is normal ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My goodness hun it's at to early to expect to feel good.

What repair did you have? It takes up to 6 wks plus to feel better

Just keep resting up. Stitches start to dissolve around 2/3 so mark.

See your consultant if you are worried about stitches asap xx

• Posted

Complete repair. Front Back Top and Bottom. I was hoping to wean off the pain meds - but it won't be today. 😥

• Posted

So very very early, keep up with the pain medications, your body needs to relax not be wincing in pain. Stool softeners, Movicol is good. 

And loads of patience, it is a long recovery. ☹️

• Posted

Day 4 seems very early to see stitches. Maybe give Doc a call.

More pain after a few days is not unusual. Body realizes something has happened and begins to repair. Also anesthetic put in during surgery has worn off. You have had a lot done it will take time to heal.

Best wishes.

• Posted

How long does the sitting on a cactus feel last?
    • Posted

Feeling*
  • Posted

You have a long way to go.. At least a few weeks hun.

If definitely be getting an appointment with my consultant.

It's hard for you to get an answer on here but at least you can identify with others.

I'm 13 wks tvh and anterior repair and that was a text book surgery.I very lyckyxx

• Posted

That is normal you can bleed for 6 weeks
  • Posted

I honestly slept for the first 4 days. It was a definitely a rough surgery. I also came home with a catheter. I didn’t start feeling better until about the 7th day. But every week after that got better. I am now 8 weeks post op and feel as if I have over done it this past week and now feel like I have taken several steps back, and am having vaginal

Burning.  Rest as much as you can!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.