4 months after ankle fracture surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lateral malleolus fracture plate with 4-5 screws; displaced medial malleolus. Surgery on 1/2/2019. boot 3 weeks later. 6 PT visits. Weaning out of boot beg. 4/5/2019.Today 4/18 still have bad limp because of pain in ankle joint, top/bottom of foot. nurse told me to take Ibuprofen for pain. ITS FRUSTRATING! I want my life back. Dr. is sending me back to PT next.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it gets better..trust me ive been there . my break wasnt as extreme, i was down for 3 months. it jus takes time. you'll get there. also search facebook, if you havent. there are good support groups. helped me alot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.