4 months after bypass - hair started to fall out :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Guys, any advice would be much appreciated...  I had my bypass on 9 December and have lost just over 3 stone! I'm so happy and begining to feel like to old me again smile I was warned that you can lose some hair due to the change in diet & supplements etc, and it has just started to come out sad has anyone else experienced this, I suppose I would just like to know if this is a temporary thing and can I take any extra supplements to help?  Thanks for looking peeps smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

Although I haven't had the bypass I have had a gastric band fitted October last year and have noticed my hair falling out more and more.

Apparently it is from sudden weight loss and should settle down!

I take multi vitamins and minerals daily to try and help xx

• Posted

Thanks Rebecca, was it noticeable that you had lost hair? Xx
    • Posted

I don't think anyone has noticed as I don't have patches or anything, hoping it will stop soon x

You are not alone xx

• Posted

What's ur protein intake like?? At my 1st pre op appointment the dietician drilled it into us To ensure we eat enough protein (60g) as apparently lack of protein in the diet can make hair fall out.
    • Posted

I'm not too sure how much I have daily! I rubbish at that sort of thing!!

However I have got to see the dietician at my next fill appointment in a couple of weeks to see if im getting the right amount of everything x

• Posted

I am getting protein, not sure if it's enough. Might start eating more eggs, as I went off them for a bit. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi T1nker8ell, well done that's a brilliant weight loss. I had my by pass in November and my hair has recently started to thin. I've been taking a hair, skin and nail supplement from my local supermarket. My hairdresser has said that I have new growth coming through and to continue taking the supplements. Hope this of some help to you. Take care, Lenora x
  • Posted

Hi I experienced some hair loss and it was only for a short time so don't worry, i was told it was normal after a gastric bypass

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.