4 Months after jumping off 3.75

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am at 4 months after having no choice but to stop mirt at 3.75 mg. It was the third attempt from 45 mg for 8 years. I am having waful abdominal pains, 2 hours sleep, depression, crying spells, anxiety, despair, and generally sick. Going back on mirt is not an option due to heart rhythm problems aggravated by the mirt. Doctor's orders. Anyone else having similar issues?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I took 45mg of mirt for 6 years  it stopped working in December thats when my anxiety started.

I have been to hosptal re stomach problems Ive had a CT scan and endoscope

I know now it is the anxiety that is causing these problems

• Posted

Lynne, thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry for your pain, I have had 3 CTs since last June 22, all were normal, and an endoscopy June 23rd scheduled. I am happy that your tests came back normal. Are you still having abdominal cramps. Are you still on mirt? Is the pain eased at all? I wish you Godspeed in your healing. David Are you in the US or OK?
    • Posted

Hi David thank you for your kind words.

Im in the UK, I still get bad stomach cramps I have beentold to have a good diet and keep a food diary to see what is upsetting my stomach but they reckon it is anxiety.

Im on 150mg or sertraline and 15mg of mirt at the momemt.

Its not woking so I go again Tuesday to see what they have for me now.

I feel like a guinea pig sometimes!!!!!

I

• Posted

Lynne, you should feel like a guinea pig, that is exactly what we are. I went for my 6 month physical yesterday, and when discussing the mirt withdrawals, I may have been speaking greek! I felt sorry for the doctor, they can't know everything, and something that has given me this much grief, and still is, and they don't have a clue as to what is going on, and how to help us. Your New Friend from across the pond, David. I was on 45 mg for 8 years befor taking 2 years to come off. It took 3 attempts, and they all were horrible.
    • Posted

I will keep you up to date with my woes and you let me know how you are going.

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Hi David

Thank you for your kind words. Im in the UK

I am still having stomach cramps, I have to eat healthly and keep a food diary but I reckon it is anxiety.

I am currently on 150mg of sertraline and 15mg or mirt but its not working Im climbing the walls.

So I have to go back on Tuesday to see what they are giving me next.

I feel like a guinea pig sometimes!!!!!!!

I hope you are copingcheesygrin

• Posted

Sorry That has came through twice my internet connection is shocking!!!!!
  • Posted

Yes, as I said in your other thread, I have just been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Symptoms were loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea, abdominal pain, insomnia, heat palpitations and tachycardia, nervousness, anxiety, depression. I am just starting treatment but am very poorly right now. Mirtazapine had been masking my symptoms until I tapered off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.