4 months after thr, groin clicking

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm about 4.5 months post total hip replacement. Recovery has been going pretty well but I'm getting clicking in the groin. It doesn't hurt and its happened on and off since the surgery. My physical therapist and my doctor both said its probably just a ligament popping over the bone and it should clear up. Has anyone else experienced this? From my Google searching it seems like its the illiopsoas popping over the bone.

Thanks for any imput.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am nearly 3 years on, and sometimes if I move a certain way, foot planted and I move my body or twist I get a click, no pain, just aware that it is there, told the same as you.  

I believe if it was earlier in my recovery it could result in a dis-location, but hasn't happened yet, just remind myself to keep doing my post surgery exercises and stay strong, and stop twisting.

• Posted

If your hip is clicking, it may be worth having it checked out. Have you told anybody? Do you have a six month check with the surgeon?
    • Posted

I talked to my surgeon about it at my 3 month appt. He didn't seem to concerned but said to let him know if it gets worse. It was clearing up and then came back but seems to be clearing up again the last couple days. I'll definitely bring it up at my 6 month appt in 4 weeks.

• Posted

I had that too.  It went away by itself so with luck yours will too.  Think I had it after about 2 months and it lasted about 4 months.
    • Posted

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping. Some days it's very little and I think its going away and then other days it comes back. Hoping it goes away for good. I notice when I do my PT exercises like lateral steps with a resistance band or squats, it goes away for awhile.

• Posted

I had surgery Nov 6, 2018 and just about 2 weeks after that my groin started clicking . This is Thanksgiving weekend so i can not contact my dr until Monday. I am a bit freaked out about this and very concerned. I hope it is something that will go away. Did your pooping resolve it self?

Thanks for input.

• Posted

yes i remember that. Worried me too but the good news was it gradually went away. Here's hoping you get the same result.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.