4 months. Gurgling bowels, discomfort with or without food, dull aches under left ribs and downward else

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'll start by saying im not new to bowel issues. have had what has been diagnosed, (without proper testing) IBS. since i was a teenager, i have had gas and diarrhea after eating junk or even good foods. it changed over years still uncomfortable but at least I knew what it was.

this year in November i experienced what I figured was another flare up. gassy. uncomfortable general odd feeling kn my guts. so i fasted as usual. drank water etc.. but it not only never got better. new and more alarming symptoms hit. pain undef left rib. hard to describe but it was high near breast bone but underneath like I wanted to get my fingers under there to touch the pain?? it was dull but constant. at night day with food without. sometimes worse after eating. the pain ran down my left side along the descending bowel. again dull but there. gas I figured. but then pain in my back that felt like kidney pain. since then it has been constantly there. ive had a ct scan. clear. endoscopy and colonoscopy. clear. my fear is pancreas issued but gastro said my blood and tests dont support it. he said come back in four months?? i am in daily discomfort, its always there in one way of another and my stomache and bowels are always gurgling. especially down the left side. I thought a GI was supposed to keep looking for whatever the issue is to help. im willing to change diet etc. bug need to know what is wrong. no celiac, no virus or parasite etc.. just wondering if anyone has had anything like this. sorry for long story but even as I type this. my left side is just aching and uncomfortable..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

having this left sided pain under ribs for 3 years now.

tried lot of meds gone through many investigations but nothing helps

• Edited

How are you now Scott? been having the same issues for 4 months, waiting for proper checkup.

you want to talk about it?

• Posted

Scott how are how feeling now? I have very similar symtoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.