4 months ltkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 4 months ltkr and pleased with my progress. I am not on painkillers sleep well no cane when out walking But on the outside of my knee just above the numb part I have a soft lump. I feels full of fluid and when pressed doesn't hurt but moves. Is this normal. I get a pain now and again round about it so wonder if it's connected. I still excercise at least 2 a day and ice. I cycle daily and now walk for a couple of hrs daily, no bother. Am I being impatient. Thanks for this forum being a life saver. Oh I'm in the UK and see my consultant next week.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann,I had something similar but just above the knee cap not on the side, anyway it seemed to slowly dissipate by the six month mark and also it didn’t cause any pain or discomfort,keep reading someone else may have more information for you to read.
  • Posted

You're doing fantastic for 4 months post op. I had a soft lump on the inside above the knee that took a year to disappear. 

• Posted

Hi Laurel thanks for your reply. I also get a tight pain across my knee is this normal. When I cycle have no pain at all but as soon as I walk it appears but not 100% of the time. Its baffling me I realise there's lots of nerves etc inside the knee to heal so I'm just putting the pains down to nerves mending.

• Posted

I have this problem and now just into 5 month post op.

Went to see my Doctor and he said that when they pull back your skin after slicing you open, they have caught the nerve endings.

Will heal but the swelling is protecting the area and will go down in time.

Wish I'd never had it done, but getting back into my life slowly, just feel like I've aged 20 years.

Best wishes 

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.