4 months now Dysphagia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

I really want to know what I am currently suffering.

1) Dry mouth

2) Mouth and jaw get tired easily

3) Swallowing throat weakened (recently developed)

4) Fatigue

5) Food does not go down or stuck or goes down with gravity.

6) random throat and esophagus tightness

7) rare regurgitation

8) difficult breathing randomly

I have not ate for4 days now except water. Even water gets stuck or goes down really slowly. Recently everything gets stuck or goes down slow in my throat..

I have done  all the tests in month 2 but throat symptoms started to kick in a week ago really bad.

Done biopsy no issues the doctor said it could be an artery compression but he was able to get the scope down so he finalized it I am fine after looking at CT contrast. No inflammation. My symptoms are getting worse really fast that I am not sure it’s regards to infection.

I really want to know what it is...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have not been eating and drinking you will start to feel fatigued and malnourished.   I think you might try continual sipping of water, and perhaps nutrition drinks, but you need to return to the doctor as soon as you can.
  • Posted

Hi, 

Alan's advice is good! Medical support is critical. It is worth considering that extreme stress and anxiety can cause all of these symptoms, and of course, a lack of nutrition will only exacerbate that. My advice is whilst pushing for your Dr's support to look at ways to reduce stress. Even if you dont feel it, your body/nervous system could be in panic. If I get the feeling this is happening to me; I start with Acceptance - that I am stressed. Then look to break the cycle. Go fishing, call an old friend or whatever. For me knowing the power of stress helps me accept it, and it dwindles. I also take high strength Magnesium and Vitamin B; both know to reduce stress and relax muscles.

Wishing healthy karma your way, smile 

N.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.