4 months on Orlistat and weight loss stopped!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been taking the pills since Februaury and Ive managed to lose 2stone 4lbs which is great however Im still eating healthy as I should and doing plenty of exercise but my weight loss has come to a stand still. 

Im due my 3 month review next week and worried my GP wont prescribe me any more pills.

Has anyone else had the same problem, if so did the weight loss kick back in again.

Im trying really hard but wondering wether to change my meals etc

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi @clair some people stall. As you have lost weight i shouldn't think there would be a problem in your gp giving you another box. What do you eat?
    • Posted

I hope so I will be gutted if he takes me off them.

I always stick to the 5g fat rule & 15g per meal, I have toast usually for breakfast,I eat lots of fresh fruit & vegatables, I replace my lunch with a glass of juice (homemade) I eat mainly salads for dinner with chicken etc or quorn chilli & rice things like that.

I do struggle with eating a range of meals as never sure what to have. I exercise regularly so really not sure why Im not losing weight at the moment

• Posted

Your eating really well sometimes weight loss just slows down i was even saying on here yesterday even if your weight stays the same or you only lose a couple of pounds it is always better than putting it on. You have lost weight so i can't see a reason on why they would refuse. Some people find the weight loss stops then restarts again x weeks down the line so stick with it! Good Luck smile
    • Posted

Fingers crossed it will. Ive not gained so yes thats good.

My GP is quite strict it took me a while to get him to prescribe the pills but like you say Ive lost a fair bit so I should be ok.

• Posted

Hi, I've also been on the tablets since 7th February and have lost 2stone 12lbs. My weight loss has slowed down loads over the past month and feel like I'm not really getting anywhere. 

I did find that my portion sizes have sneaked back up slightly so I've cut them down again and a few snacks have also sneaked back into my diet without even realizing!

I have another month before I go back to the gp so trying hard get back on track to make sure I get another prescription. 

Give the diet a big push for the next week and I'm sure you'll be fine!

• Posted

Im trying my best really not sure what else I can do different to kick the weight loss back in again, I know Ive lost a fair bit but Ive still got 2 stone to lose so getting very disheartened now.

Well done on your weight loss thats great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.