4 months on Venlafaxine & I want to increase my dosage - can’t face doctors

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, 

I currently take one 37.5 immediate release tablet only early in the morning - I choose not to take the second tablet in the evening as worried it would interfere with my sleep (very light sleeper and find AD make things worse). 

Although feeling much better on this medication, I feel I might benefit from an increase.

Can I just take 2 x 37.5 tabs in the morning only??? Just wondering if anyone else does this.

Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don’t see any reason you cant. My niece takes her 75 mg in the morning.   I take my 75 mg at dinner time.  Yes sometimes I have s not of restless sleep  but o have a hard time eating breakfast & my doc told me to take with food so that’s why I choose dinner time.  Definitely let your doc know that you have increased the dose.  I’m only on 2 weeks now.  Hoping that I feel better soon!  Seems like I’m getting there but not 100% yet.  How long did it take for you to really start feeling good again?

Good luck to you & all of us!

• Posted

If you look back at the posts on here, about a week ago, 2 people have recently discovered they were mistakenly taking 225 mg of ven immediate release in the morning. Both were not feeling good. Immediate release is taken in 2 doses, morning and night. The total daily dose is split, and taken roughly 12 hours apart, as most of the immediate release ven, has been metabolised, ie no longer active as ven within 12 hours. Basically after 12 hours, it can be as short as 7 hours, you have little or no ven in your body. This means you have no or little ven in you for the next 12 hours, until you take your next one in the morning. You end up with having a very uneven amount of ven in you, which isnt ideal. For the people taking their whole 225mg dose in the morning, its even worse, taking so much in one immediate release dose. The pharmacist noticed the mistake on one of there pescriptions, and put her right. I take 225mg of immediate release in 75mg doses, morning, afternoon and night. For me, taking it at night actually helps me sleep. Either take your second tablet at night, so you get an even supply of ven, and optimum benefit, or if you dont want to, then ask your doctor to change to an extended release version of ven, taken once in the morning, which lasts for 24hours. In fact, it doesnt last as long as this. Taking one immediate release tablet in the morning is at best, not ideal.

• Posted

Nigel & Nicstead, I am so sorry for the wrong info.   That's right-you are on IMMEDIATE release, I am not.  My niece & I are on the Extended Release, so yes, Nigel is correct.  

• Posted

Thanks so much Nigel, that makes perfect sense. I will try the evening dose of 1 tab soon... when I'm feeling brave! Nice to hear that the even spread helps your sleep x 

• Posted

I started on 37.5 mg immediate release at nite then changed to 75mg immediate release at nite but changed to take it in the morning after a few week's I started to sleep better ..but the odd weird dreams...iv only ever took 1 a day xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.