4 months "rocking"/swaying dizziness.

Posted , 1 user is following.

37 Male. For about 5 months ago i started feeling very "off" and the last year before i was feeling more and more "off" both physical and mental. I had been working like a crazy person for many years and have been having a good career. But since 5 months ago i started feeling numb in left side of the head, and a little dizziness/vertigo, and for a Long time itching in my left ear, most noticable on uneven grounds or where the ground would give a little like in the shower (plastic) , i went on with my life and contacted my GP and went to a neurolog with nothing found.

Advise was to take it easy it was caused by stress.

But dizzy becomes worse and i couldnt Even lay down without feeling like my head was telling me my body is in one place and my head in another "rocking".

Went back to GP after that ive been to:

ENT: Bppv diagnosis, But i knew that wasnt it after Reading up on it. Nystagmus was upbeating during dix hillpike, But i didnt feel any more dizzy.

Went back to neurolog also took a spinal test and more testing, nothing wrong.

MR from brain, and bones arround head.

MR Neck.

MR Spinal cord/back.

Ultrasound for everything they can check.

"All" bloodtests there is.

Went to dizziness clinic looking at my nystagmus in different positions it is bppv but now nystagmus was not upbeat it was horisontal in dix hillpike test.

I went there many times Even using Special chair, But it didnt help.

I get some exercises that i did, and starting to feel my dizziness was becoming a little better. But my overall feeling didnt improve.

One morning my dizzy was back again like in the beginning.

Last four months i been off work, and i feel very bad, nausea fatigue dizzy, muscles in my leg tired i think because they always work trying to keep my balance.

What makes how i feel much worse is when many things happens its like my brain gets overloaded with information.

Ofc all of this lead to anxiety not knowing whats going on, and makes it all worse.

My GP gave me xanax to test, and it did calm me down, But dizzy and overall feeling is the same. And i have like a tension feeling above my left eye in the muscles. And my ear feels full/pressured.

Im now on mirtazapine for sleeping and take xanax to be able to sleep.

This last four months i have not been able to do almost anything, Even struggling with the simplest things at home, only relief is sleep.

I lost alot of weight during this months, i have no apetite.

I can provoke my dizziness if i lay down and move my back, almost feels like its a muscle thing causing it. And if i stand up walking in the same place, its like the ground is moving. My head position doesnt matter.

Im about to be laying in hospital,because i have a hard time getting myself to anymore drs, and hopefully they can find out what is wrong, But does anyone have any clue?

English is my second language so im sorry its not perfect.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

VNG test showed i had a hard time with fast movements both up and down.

But that was improved last time i was at the dizzy clinic, and also my nystagmus was improved. That was when i felt my dizzy felt better, i had a time to go there again a couple of days ago, But i couldnt manage to get there because how i feel and when i walk i feel much worse, its like my head is not getting the right information from my muscles where my legs/body are, and get overloaded with information. And im pretty sure its not anxiety anymore as it doesnt freak me out like in the beginning, and all tests etc comes back normal so i know im not gonna die "tomorrow" but it is the worst months i ever had in my life up to now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.